Rupes is in the house!!

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by mjlinane, Jan 8, 2013.

1. mjlinane

mjlinane Virgin Detailer

Just arrived today. Can't wait to use them. Thanks Phil!!

Rupes.JPG

2. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

Congrats! Mine should be here tomorrow

3. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

hope mine arrives tomorrow. it is going to start snowing this week.

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

you all will be happy. :thumb:

5. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Phil do we really need 2 machines? If you only could have one, which would that be?

6. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

I'm also interested to hear the answer to this question.

7. JBlack151

JBlack151 Birth of a Detailer

Mine hot here the other day. Temps are rising and expected to be in the mid 50's this weekend here in CT. I'll be using my Rupes as much as I can.

8. Mike Lambert

Mike Lambert Birth of a Detailer

I have done 20 cars or so with my 15 . I find since it works the product better,I do not need the bigger one. You will love it!

9. detailersdomain

what type of cars are you all working on. we are lucky enough to run the 15mm and the 21mm at the shop and I'm liking my 15mm because I'm so use to the Uber 5 inch pads.

that being said the 21mm definitely saves time, on the GS we did this weekend we were able to improve our times greatly. If you can have both that would be great, if not I would say if you do cars with big panels the 21mm, if you do Porsches and smaller cars I would say pick up the 15mm.

but I would defintiely say pick either up they are worth it.

I hope that makes some sense.

10. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

Phil,

Happy New year!

Can you please highlight what benefits a serious hobbyiest like myself might see moving to a Rupes from a GG 6"? I am always looking to do a better job and if I can do it in less time all the better.

Thanks.

Jeff

11. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Does your GG jiggle you to death?

12. detailersdomain

so far I have felt that its giving results faster and more efficient, I'm also not tired after working on a car.

I still love my GG however if you have the ability to pick up the Rupes I would do so.

13. Mike Lambert

Mike Lambert Birth of a Detailer

I had to have elbow surgery last week ,but before that I had no pain after a day on a car. As opposed to both a pc and gg. And forget the flex ,I sold mine a week after I bought it! Trust me, this is the best thing that has come out for detailing since the microfiber pads!
    You will love it!

14. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I suspect I will get one in the spring.

15. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

just took my new 15 for a quick spin. it feels a lot lighter in my hands while working rather than just lifting it up. the long stroke is sure noticable. very smooth and vibration free.

16. BigAl3

BigAl3 Birth of a Detailer

if it's not asking too much and one has some spare time.. could someone who owns both the flex and rupes DA's, please post a video side by side (or thread w/ some pics) with the same pads/products combinations with both? i know there is a thread or two on some other forums, but would like to see them with the same set-up if possible. income tax funds are right around the corner and what better way to spend the money then on another DA. thanks!

17. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

I cannot do a video with both machines as my 3401 is long gone, but as someone who is known for "Anti-hype" I can tell you to just find someone who has a Rupes and use it for a half hour...................... you will buy the machine with the quickness after that.

The only un-known is the longterm durability of the Rupes, this of course will need to be determined.

18. Mike Murphy

Mike Murphy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Couldn't agree with Bob more! All it took me was to run it for about a minute and I was sold on it. This is one of the very, very few hyped items that have lived up to expectations. BTW, you really want to add the washer mod to it. Huge improvement!!!!

19. detailersdomain

A,

Pick it up its going to save you a ton of time.

20. BigAl3

BigAl3 Birth of a Detailer

thank you gentlemen for the reply, much appreciated!