1. David Epstein

David Epstein Virgin Detailer

Just used my Rupes 21 for the first time and I am very happy with the results. One question, is the backing plate supposed to rub agains the machine? the light blue area of the backing plate seems to have rubbed against the tool and left a black skid mark in the light blue area of the backing plate. Does this happen to others? Normal? I'll post a photo if needed.

2. Gale Force

Gale Force Obsessive Detailer

Normal, unless you installed the Kevin Brown Rupes backplate mod.

3. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

As Gale Force has stated, this is the normal operation of the Rupes machines.

Kevin Brown (buffdaddy.com) decided to experiment with the machine and found that a spacer would allow more rotation of the machine and that is where the mod came from.

It is my personal view that anytime you can have more pad rotation, you will greatly improve the correction and time to correct the paint.

Kevin Brown has not found any ill effects from using the washer mod. He includes a custom made washer with each Rupes he sells as well.

Now, all we have to do is get all the other sellers to include the washer mod as well ! :)

DanF

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

HAHAHAHAHAHA..... You hold onto that fantasy. Thats why Kevin should get your cash when you buy a Rupes.

5. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

The irony of all this - the washer costs a few cents, a little time to smooth off two sides of it to flatten, and thats it !
    Dan F