Rupes 15 Polishing Speeds

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by agpatel, Apr 14, 2013.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

What speeds are you using when using the Rupes (15 specifically) when compounding (mf pads) and finishing (foam pads)? Was playing around with it this weekend and even on high speed the machine is pretty smooth but have read once or twice that full speed is not what most people are using. Just trying to get some input as to what other are using and see how it goes from there.

2. fech

fech Birth of a Detailer

I have the 21. What I do is spread the polish at 1 and work it at 4.5. That seems to be the perfect combo for me. Of course it's just my two cents.

3. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Speed 4.5 / 5 and slow arm movements have worked great for me. I also have a 15

4. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Are you both running the washer mod with your 15's?

5. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I'm running the washer mod as well as the xact-fit backing plate from Kevin Brown. You can tell the difference when you run without them.

6. mrgolfrider

When you are running the xact-fit, are you only using mf pads?? I guess i'm not up to speed on those BP and when to use them.

7. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

With the exact fit BP, the cut will not be diminished even out to the edge of the pad and the same for polishing even with foam but more noticeable with Microfiber cutting pads.

8. mrgolfrider

Sorry to jack your thread GDAL, but does anyone have a link to the information that KB has mentioned that with the longer stroke the pads being mf/foam don't load up as quick with product as the smaller orbit of a GG or the like does.

9. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I think we both hijacked Ankeet's thread ... lmao.

Please visit www.buffdaddy.com to check all the info that KBM has gathered. Wealth of knowledge.

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

No worries....I have not tried the washer mod but may look into it. I have read many that think it is not really needed and some think that it is needed.

11. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter