Rubbish Boy's Original Edition

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by B.Prug87, Apr 5, 2009.

1. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

So iv been trying to do a search to find Rubbish Boys OE but im seeing its only made in the UK. Now i did find Dodo Juice Rubbish Boys Juiced addition....would that be the US batch??

2. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

No not even remotely the same wax. Only place to buy OE is to purchase from Ben at Rubbish Boys. I've used both and after using both I sold my Dodo RBs Juiced Edition. krshultz on here is like me and boought them both and I'm sure if you want the Dodo version he would more than willingly sell you his. Ben is great to deal with and shipping is fast and reasonable even though it comes from across the pond. He is also a forum sponser!

3. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Nope two different waxes completely, OE is sold only by our forum sponsor Ben. He ships to the states very quickly, you will not regret the purchase of this wax man trust me.

4. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

Ok i wasnt sure.Cause i no Swissvax renamed best of show so i thought maybe it was renamed for the Dodo Juice line.Roughly how much does it end up costing fellow US memebers?I see it produces a great shine.Whats the durability like?I have a jar of Souveran but i no it doesnt last long at all so im trying to find a wax that will look great but have atleast a 2 month life span.

5. JLs Detailing

I applied it over Jetseal and got 3-4 months easy out of it. Lets see with the exchange rate I think it comes to about $70 shipped. Best wax on the market bar none at that price.

6. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

How bout by itself??How long would you think it would last??Does it compair with Souveran and Supernatural?

7. JLs Detailing

I can't answer that as I never apply wax by itself, I always apply over a sealant.

8. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

Well after doing a search about it i found that people like its duarbility so im assuming its the normal 2-3 months. So this hair drying method i read about. Do you heat the wax while its in the container?

9. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

you def cant go wrong with using OE

10. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

I am going to buy one today....... Hope it is as good as or better than Fuzion!

11. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Not while in the container. Heat up the applicator instead and then "dip" it into the container. I suppose you *could* heat the wax while in the container, but it seems doing it that way would result in more product being soaked up by the applicator.

12. Jay J

Jay J Birth of a Detailer

I have both :p

13. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

what would be the best type of applicator to do this with??I dont see a foam applicator being a good canidate to be heated.

14. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Foam app works well. Just don't use the high heat setting. You can also hold the foam app in front of your halogens to heat it up. I purchased a small red foam applicator from RB that fits perfectly inside the jar.

Red "Strap On" applicator

15. edwinbong

16. izzypizzy

izzypizzy Virgin Detailer

I want to try this wax so bad!!!!!!

Looks spectacular..

17. edwinbong

its great.. i ended up putting 4 layers on my car! hahah

18. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I wanted to buy this from Ben's Web site, but you can only pay with Google Checkout and PayPal??? I just want to pay with my credit card. No go?

19. izzypizzy

izzypizzy Virgin Detailer

You can pay with credit card through either of those services.

20. loudog2

loudog2 Two Bucket System Washer

I just bought it with my credit card using google checkout. I ordered on a Saturday, arrived 9 days later on the following monday(today).