Rubber Floor Mats

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by er1k, Apr 30, 2008.

1. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Here is my problem/concern with rubber floor mats. When cleaning an interior I will rinse them off, use ARO and scrub them down, rinse them off again, and then dry them. But I have noticed that the mats have a faded look to them. Then the problem with dressing them is that some of the dressings out there are slippery and aren't meant for interior mats.

So what do you use to dress the mats?

Thanks!

Erik

2. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

duragloss tire and rubber mat dressing. Spray, wipe in , let sit, wipe off excess. try the mat out. Too slippery, rinse off with cold water, brush
    with soft bristle brush. Future cleanings, just cold water and brush. Reapply as required.
    Great product!!!

3. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

I need to get that product and try it....

I've been using DG #201 for mats with the same process.......

4. Nica

Nica Banned

I like using Optimum Protection on floor mats, no slippery or slick feeling to it. 303 is not bad on floor mats as well but that's just me :shrug:

5. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I cut the Rubber tire dressing in a small spray bottle...I use 3 oz of water and 8 oz of RMD..and its not slick and gives a perfect look...also on tires it gives the just new look..not glossy ..a nice semi gloss look and really lasts...

AL

6. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hmm... I wonder if the Optimum Opti-bond will have similar effects. Reading the description, it suggests that it can be used for both exterior and interior trims and rubber. I've only used it on the tires in storage. But haven't got back to look at them yet. Hopefully it's not slippery.

7. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

1z cockpit premium.

8. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

OptiBond or TOTL's Best Dressedshot through a Wagner Control Spray , either are dry in 5-10 minutes with no wiping. Shooting it through the gun means no excess and an nice even coat.

9. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I like vinylex for mats, but i will try 303