RPD - 2012 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport - Carbon Flash

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by SilverGTV8, Sep 20, 2012.

1. SilverGTV8

SilverGTV8 Jedi Nuba

What we have here is a 2012 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Centennial Edition Carbon Flash Metallic on black, whew what a mouthful!

We have been trying to get this car in our hands for a proper correction since the owner took delivery. But alas we have not been successful, but I will say the dealer prep on this car is some of the best I have seen so there is minimal needed for correction yet.

Unfortunately this car was a victim of a scuff and run at an area golf course that left a sizable scuff right on top of the driver side front fender. The owner immediately contacted us to correct the fender.

After viewing the car, it was decided that we couldn't let the car leave with just the fender corrected. The car received a maintenance wash and wax, addresses some issues with the matte vinyl stripes, and of course corrected the fender.

After 3hrs the car was rolled back out into the sun, shinning away, stripes looking right, and the fender corrected. Not to mention I got to drive the car back to the owner :headbang:

Few before and after pics, enjoy!

Materials
    Prima Hydro Wash
    CG Maxi Suds 2
    Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner
    Westly's Bleach White
    Assorted wheel brushes
    Porter Cable 7424
    Uber 5.5" Orange
    Uber 5.5" Green
    Uber 5.5" Blue
    Uber 5.5" Black
    Menzerna 2500 (PO203)
    Menzerna 4000 (106FA)
    Menzerna MicroFinish 2 (85RD)
    Menzerna Power Lock
    Autoglym HD
    Prima Hydro
    IPA 50/50 dilution
    CG G6 tire dressing
    MF towels
    UFO applicators
    3M tape

Process:
    Exterior: Prima Hydro Wash w/ Micro Fiber Mitt, dried, Fender and stripes taped off, IPA wiped down areas to be corrected, PO203 w/ Orange spot work for scuff, 106FA w/Green (1 pass), 85RD w/Blue (1 pass), IPA wipe down , Powerlock w/ Black (1hr set-up) fender and stripes, Autoglm HD to fender, Prima Hydro remainder of car.

Wheels: Sonax Full Effect, Westly’s Bleach White, Wheel Brushes, dried, ONR wipe down, clay bar, NXT w/ hand applicator, tires dressed with CG G6

Delivery
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shame, shame, We know you waxed the stripes! :doh:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What she really is in our hands for...
    Looks a lot worse then it appeared to be.
    Pre wash... :yikes:
    [​IMG]

Post wash, whatever did the damage was a soft plastic as some of the "damaged" washed away...
    [​IMG]

In-process
    The wax on the car was in excellent condition and we did not want to strip the LSP off more then we had too. We only tapped off the areas we were working on to minimize the re-application of the LSP.

Taped off and ready for fixin'
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Complete ready to be returned
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No more wax swirls on the stripes!
    [​IMG]

And more importantly, no more scuff on the fender!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for viewing!

2. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Great work ... really like the metallic flake on this paint.

3. SilverGTV8

SilverGTV8 Jedi Nuba

Pictures don't do the paint justice. It is such an awesome color in person. Color shifts from near black to a deep metallic gray. I have to say it is up there as a new favorite color!

4. Anthony Onorato

Anthony Onorato Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Couldn't agree more. The ZR1 i did war the same way.I'm a sucker for black...but i think this takes the cake.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2