RPD - 2002 Acura RSX Type-S W&W

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by SilverGTV8, May 11, 2013.

1. SilverGTV8

SilverGTV8 Jedi Nuba

What we have here is a 2002 RSX Type-S Pearl white with 50k miles and a little something extra under the hood.
    [​IMG]

The owner was looking to get the car cleaned up for an upcoming photo shoot but timing didn’t allow for us to do a full correction. So we opt to do a Wash, Clay, 30mins of Spot correction, seal and wax package.
    Car came out fantastic with a beautiful glow and that really highlights the color shift of the pearl especially under low light conditions. I look forward to seeing this car again for some additional paint work but it should still show very well during the photo shoot with only what we were able to do!

Thanks for viewing!

Materials Used
    Menzerna PF2500
    Menzerna SF4000
    Prima Amigo
    Menzerna Power Lock
    Autoglym HD
    Mother’s Clay Bar
    ONR Clay Lube
    Prima Hydo
    Uber 3” Orange Pad
    Uber 5.5” Green Pad
    Uber 5.5” Blue Pad
    Uber 5.5” Black Pad
    Uber Foam Applicator pads
    Uber Microfiber towels
    Misc Chrome Polish
    Chemical Guys Barebones
    Chemical Guys G6 Shine
    Chemical Guys Citrus Wash
    Citrus Degreaser
    Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner
    Westly’s Bleach White
    Woolie wheel brushes
    Uber wheel brush
    Microfiber Wash Mitt

Exterior: CG Citrus Wash and degreaser, dried, claybar, spot work around exhaust and misc body panels PF2500 on orange, Blending on touched up area and complete hood SF4000 on Green, IPA wipe down, Amigo w/Blue (low speed, low pressure), Powerlock w/ Black (1hr set-up), Autoglym HD by hand

Wheels: Sonax Full Effect, Westly’s Bleach White, Wheel Brushes, dried, Hydro w/ hand applicator, tires dressed with CG AG6 Tire Shine, Bare Bones for the wheel wells

What we started with…
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cleaned and clayed, already made a big difference…
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bit of spot correction, no idea what it was but it was in the clear coat and took some work to remove!
    [​IMG]
    All better…
    [​IMG]

So as I worked around the car the Pearl kept saying put some Amigo on me, I know it’s not part of the package but look at me!... So I obliged…
    Before Amigo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After Amigo, paint began picking up a low glow and a warmth…
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All done and ready for the owner! Unfortunately the sun had gone away and not destined to return until later in the week :(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cleaned up the best we could, the heat from all that POWA under the hood has taken its toll on the clear coat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Couple back in the bay to show the warmth and glow under the lighting with all the LSP applied
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

came out great!!!