Roof racks, best way to clean them?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Cheap5.0, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Cheap5.0

Cheap5.0 Birth of a Detailer

My jeep has a rack just like this:

[​IMG]

It is a catch all for lots of garbage/debris. Once its rinsed clean i clean the area like usual but i have a hard time getting all the water off from it (which comes down later after the jeep is cleaned :(). Aside from a a blower (which i want to get, but dont have $ for yet) is there anything else i can do?

2. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Blowers really the best thing for the job besides an air compressor. If you got one.

3. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

I have an '09 Grand Cherokee with a roof rack and I took off the cross rails completely and only put them on when I need them. This cuts down a lot of cleaning and them being in the way of cleaning the top properly. Perhaps you can think about doing this? In absence of a blower, how about reversing the vacuum you have and using it that way to blow out water in those areas ??
    Also, electric leaf blowers are getting less expensive all the time, so perhaps you can catch one on sale or something ?

Good luck with this !
    Dan F

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

yes, i took my cross bars off my suburban..... totally useless anyway. that helps. what kind of blower are you looking for? they have a 30.00 craftsman, or you can spend 60.00 more and get a nice craftsman vac, or other brand that has a 250 mph blower..

5. Cheap5.0

Cheap5.0 Birth of a Detailer