Review of Menzerna FG 400

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Auto Concierge, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

I was sent a bottle by Phil to try out, I wanted to get three different car finishes to accurately determine the performance of the compound.

Here are the things in bullitt points that I found in my experience.

1. Good even cut, pretty aggressive but even with Surbuf pads it did not scour the finish, machines used(Rupes LHR 75/Rupes 21mm/DeWalt rotary/Flex Rotary) the cut was really nice with twisted wool pads.
    2. Nice finish left behind, like PF 2500 but not as clear obviously.
    3. Very little dusting.
    4. A "Go-to" compound

I used this compound on a Tesla Model S(Cut was not spectacular on the Glasurit paint), 2010 M3 Dakar Yellow, and on a 2009 Mercedes C-63 sedan. The comound worked really well on the Mercedes.

Another bullitt in the gun for correction battles, kudos Menzerna.

2. Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet Jedi Nuba

Thank you for taking the time to do the write up. I'll be using mine tomorrow and really looking forward to it.

3. Mike Murphy

Mike Murphy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks for the review Bob. I've got some coming from Todd H. to try out also.

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

that's great, can't wait to see the photos.

5. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Very nice review Bob.

I know you worked with M101 before. How would you compare the two?

6. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

compared to FG500? I want to get FG400 regardless..........

7. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

I just got mine today. Now I'm really that I did. Bob has approved! :applause2:

8. RZJZA80

RZJZA80 Two Bucket System Washer

Good stuff Bob, can't wait to get mine in

9. Auto Concierge

A few pics using the FG 400.

Yellow M3 trim.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After compounding.

[​IMG]

Rear bumper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

C-63 Sedan.

[​IMG]

10. Mike Murphy

Mike Murphy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

On a separate note, what type/make is the light in the last pic?

11. detailersdomain

thanks for sharing. :thumb:

12. Auto Concierge

Husky (Home Depot) halogen Mike, the cut on the FG400 is less than M101(As is every compound short of crushed granite in a bottle) and the FG500 is real good but the dust is comparable to M105. I like the working time of the Menz product as working it longer aided in the wipe off of the product.

13. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

^^^thanks. Yeah the dust gets to me when I use FG500. All the more reason to pick up the FG400.

thanks

14. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Nice review and on a side not, I never got much dust from #105 and FG500, a little but not much to talk about.

Anyways, FG400 is, IMHO, what I wanted FG500 to be: nice cut, good gloss, easy to use and no dusting.

Now I just want my samples of the PO234 to arrive; same cut as SIP but better gloss then Power finish (PO203).

15. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

Thank you for the review Bob, another product to add to the arsenal.

-Kody-

16. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Looks good Bob. I have had menz compounds on the pay no mind list for a long time. I have a many years old bottle of power gloss that begs me to use it when I walk by. I just look at it, shake my head and say not today.

sent using my thumbs, mispelling most words

17. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

No dusting issues? Any rec's on usage? I've played with it a tiny bit, really does well when using a smaller dosage compared to most products. Love Menzerna when I get it going.

Scared to think what M101 + FG400 will do to correction work, then again you never know what paint defects will come your way.

18. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Thanks Bob! I've relied on M105 as my compound for a long time. I'm kinda on the fence about 101 vs FG400, guess I'll have to see what the price shakes out to be.
    And I have an old bottle of Menz compound too, tried it on many things, never worked to my liking. I'm so glad there are these new products now.

19. JBlack151

JBlack151 Birth of a Detailer

Great write. Thanks for putting that together.

I'm loving the FG 400. I've had the opportunity to use it on 4 details already however none were in really bad condition.

Here are a few shots from my results. Sorry I don't have more on my phone available.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. detailersdomain

we try to get the lastest and greatest out to you all. I'm glad you like the new FG 400 I knew this was going to be a WINNER!