Review Meguires # 40 vinyl and rubber protectant.

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by carguy461, Apr 18, 2009.

1. carguy461

carguy461 Two Bucket System Washer

Received this product Friday from autodetailingsolutions, heard so much about this product, tried it out this morning on a (04 )Chrysler 300m, interior very dirty, seats light grey in color and dirty. Sprayed 2 pumps on back of seats, took micro towel all purpose one and wiped down, to my surprise wow took off the crude and left a matte shine to it, soo easy. Next the dash with dust and some spills no problem came out with a nice matte shine, sprayed on towel this time instead of on dash. Cleaned out some crannies too, cleaned well. Well then after doing the exterior, used on the crowl panel and engine plastic also cleaned and left a matte shine to it, also did the rubber trim did nice job too. Product did what everyone talked about, it will be added to my cleaning products just have to get larger size next time. What do you think about this product?:applause2:

2. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

Love it AND the smell

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

the smell is AWESOME!!!

4. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

It's my "go to" for interiors.
    I gotta say though, Cooter gave me some Silk Shine to try and man it smells good...Thanks Heath!

5. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

I'm not sure how one describes the smell of M40, but I've been smelling it a lot the past couple of days. Here's my story.

On Wednesday evening I decided that I'd use M40 to clean the interior vinyl and plastic. I like the matte finish it leaves on the dashboard. When I finished cleaning the interior vinyl, I remembered that I had also wanted to try my new can of Sprayway on the interior windshield. Yes, I know I should have done the windshield first, but I forgot. Blame it on dead brain cells!

Anywho, I went into the house and grabbed the can of Sprayway, leaving the M40 in its place. When I sprayed the Sprayway on the windshield, it also went all over the dashboard. So I ran into the house and grabbed the M40 and re-cleaned the dashboard. I then went back inside and proceeded to return the M40 to the cupboard. At that moment I saw the M40 already sitting in the cupboard. I looked down at the tan bottle in my hands and saw a bottle of M34! I switched bottles and rushed back out to the car and re-cleaned, yet again, the dashboard, this time with the real M40.

Such is my life! :doh:

Al

6. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

i think its a waste to use the m40 as a cleaner. use 2 quarts of water in a bucket and like 10oz of apc and a mf to clean the car then go over it with the real M40.

my 2cents

7. Nica

Nica Banned

I agree Meg's #40 is great, I've used quite a bit of this stuff and I purchase it in gallon size containers :thumb:

8. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

M40 Rocks! This thing is also great as a tire shine on well cleaned tires.

9. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thanks for the review!

10. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

Thx for sharing... My autoglym vinyl & rubber is finishing soon.. Think i will have a go on the meg 40..

11. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

how would you compare this to cockpit premium?

12. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

+1. I've just started using Cockpit myself and like it. Leaves a nice matte finish with some UV protection....

13. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

I like M40 better.

14. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

Does M40 stain or mark clear plastic?The 1Z cockpit is pretty forgiving if you overspray.

15. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

I don't leave overspray on any surface so I wouldn't know,sorry.
    Don't take that arrogantly btw.

16. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

I do not just spray product all over the place but it only takes a little product that is not forgiving on certain things like the instument cluster plastic to stain or ruin it.Does anyone who has any experiance with this product getting on items like clear plastic instrument clusters or automatic transmission gear indicators know if it stains?Thanks!

17. carguy461

carguy461 Two Bucket System Washer

well I tryed in on a (05) Dodge 1500 4dr truck yesterday on the interior dash and door panels. Dash area was real dusty and steering column had alot of oils from the hands, so I tested it out sprayed 2 shot on a mico towel and began to wipe, wow took if off no effort. Interior came out very nice, today did the exterior engine plastic, all black trim, all rubber gaskets interior and exterior on a foam pad very impressed with the results, nice matte look..never tryed the tires yet..and I will give the 2quarts of water in a bucket and apc..will use my green clean for that..I guess I will have to order a larger size next maybe a gallon size.:applause2: