Review: Meguiar's All Season Dressing

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by ziggo99, Jun 30, 2010.

1. ziggo99

ziggo99 Birth of a Detailer

I just got a bottle in, so I figured I'd give a review and update it once a week on how long it lasts.

Appearance-Blue water. Nothing special. I figured it'd be a runny gel, like Germ-X after it sits in the sun, but wasn't the case.

Smell-
    sovlent-y? I assume. It's not like the other products in the Detail line. I have APC+, which has an orange-ish scent, Body Solvent with a vanilla scent, and Paint Reconditioning Cream with the cherries scent. I almost expected raspberries. But then again, it doesn't matter how it smells, as long as it's not overpowering and the product works as it's designed to.

Set up-Tires are Goodyear LS-2, 18". I scrubbed them down with a Mother's tire brush and Gold Class car wash. I should've used APC+ to get off all the gunk, as I had been using AA Tire Foam the past couple of times. But I think they were clean enough to go forward (plus I didn't think about it till after the fact). I first applied about 4 squirts on the tire and wiped around that, but then I saw it was getting on the blacktop, so the others were done with squirting ASD onto the Cobra tire applicator.

Pictures- I should note that these were taken after one day and driving about 35 miles on dry highway.

Left fronts.
    These were the ones where ASD was applied directly and wiped
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Right frontsThese were done with ASD applied to applicator then wiped
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Conclusion
    I'm happy with the shine they give. It's not overly done like Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss. It seems just right. I hope it lasts. I'll report mileage with each day. Since it's summer time, I'm not driving a whole lot, but I'll do what I can, even if it means going for an afternoon drive.

2. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

My favorite tire dressing by far. I love the smell of this stuff...

Reminds me..I need another gallon :)

3. maximus20895

maximus20895 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I just got a case of deja vu reading this post somewhere else haha.

Have you used hyper dressing? It's close to the same thing, but it's water based so you can use it on the engine too.

4. ziggo99

ziggo99 Birth of a Detailer

Yeah, I posted it on the 4 forums I belong to. If I'm gonna do a review, I want to let everyone know how I think of it. Might help somebody else, ya know?

I have not used Hyper Dressing. I thought that it would fade too quickly.