Review: HD Polish

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by boredstudent3, Nov 15, 2013.

1. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

Hi All,

I had the opportunity to try this polish over a few cars (different manufacturer and colours) and now I feel I am able to put together a review of the product.

I understand that a few cars does not make for the largest sample size around, considering there are so many manufacturers and colours of paint around...but it's better than just testing it on one car. =D

An initial preface, I used it on a red, blue, and black car. The black car is where we did some side by side comparisons using other products as well.

Here are the pics with some notes:

RED CAR ... it was compounded first, I'm showing the finish ability of the polish

Before - Hood

[​IMG]

After - Hood

[​IMG]

Before - Driver Door

[​IMG]

After - Driver Door

[​IMG]

50/50 On Driver Door

[​IMG]

BLUE CAR ... it was compounded first, I'm showing the finish ability of the polish

Before - Driver Door

[​IMG]

After - Driver Door

[​IMG]

Before - Hood

[​IMG]

After - Hood

[​IMG]

Before - Hood ... What you see here is the ceiling light reflection in the center of a bird drop etching with swirls around it

[​IMG]

What you see here is the brinkmann to the slight right of the bird drop etching highlighting the swirls

[​IMG]

After - Hood

[​IMG]

BLACK CAR

* the hood was divided into a 6 section grid (3 across and 2 down)

* the top 3 sections were compounded and then finished with 3 different polishes
    (try to guess from the following list which polish was used on each section: HD Polish, M205, D302, CarPro Reflect, Sonax PF, Sonax Nano Polish, Optimum Hyper Polish, Menz PF 2500, Menz SF4500, Adam's Paint Correcting Polish, Scholl S17, Scholl S30)

* the bottom 3 sections were just polished (1 step) with 3 different polishes
    (try to guess from the following list which polish was used on each section: HD Polish, M205, D302, CarPro Reflect, Sonax PF, Sonax Nano Polish, Optimum Hyper Polish, Menz PF 2500, Menz SF4500, Adam's Paint Correcting Polish, Scholl S17, Scholl S30)

* all sections wiped with eraser, no I did not use oven cleaner...for the FB people ;)

Before - Top Row Right Section

[​IMG]

After - Top Row Right Section

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before - Top Row Center Section

[​IMG]

After - Top Row Center Section

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before - Top Row Left Section

[​IMG]

After - Top Row Left Section

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before - Bottom Row Left Section

[​IMG]

After - Bottom Row Left Section

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before - Bottom Row Center Section

[​IMG]

After - Bottom Row Center Section

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before - Bottom Row Right Section

[​IMG]

After - Bottom Row Right Section

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Answers:

Top Row Right Section: Menz PF2500
    Top Row Center Section: HD Polish
    Top Row Left Section: Scholl S30

Bottom Row Left Section: Sonax PF
    Bottom Row Center Section: HD Polish
    Bottom Row Right Section: Menz PF2500

Well if you guessed 6 for 6, then go buy a lottery ticket right now! :) It's similar to the LSP test, in which you're not supposed to be able to match all the corresponding panels with products.

My thoughts on the product:

I really like it! The black car was too jacked up to achieve anything with a 1 step, it was just thrown in there for giggles. The polish finishes really nicely if you use it according to David F and Barry T recommendations. Wipes off incredibly easy, and you don't need to break it down. The smell is phenomenal, wicked good!

There is great support for the HD/3D line which is a huge plus. People there to actually teach you how to extract the maximum effectiveness from the product.

I have used it after several different compounds (M101, M100, D300, M105, FG400) and it has no problem cleaning up the left over results.

People were always asking questions about how it compares to Sonax PF, Menz PF2500, M205, and Optimum Hyper Polish since those were the relative equivalents from different manufacturers. I honestly don't like Menz PF2500 b/c it's really oily and a pain to wipe off, you also have to break down the polish.

After seeing and reading about the test for durable fillers in Sonax PF, my judgement on the product is clouded. I don't know what to think of it right now. But to me, Sonax is the easiest to wipe off compared to others mentioned above. I would be very hard pressed to differentiate the finish left by Sonax PF vs. HD Polish.

I don't have too much seat time behind Optimum HP and M205 recently to make any comments on the comparison.

Hope this helps anyone who read the entire post. =D

2. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

Excellent review! Great work!!!