Review: Duragloss Rubber & Flat Black Dressing

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by blas, Feb 6, 2009.

1. blas

blas Birth of a Detailer

[​IMG]

Product: Duragloss Rubber & Flat Black Dressing (RBD) #271
    Price: $7.99
    Size: 8oz
    Viscosity: a “thin” oil.
    Smell: is like a petroleum smell as Collinite Insulator Wax #845
    Application: I think I used a total 6 “drops” or less on the both headlight enclosures, the 8oz bottle will give you many applications so ill have this bottle for some years. I think I’ll put the product in a 4oz spray bottle or something for simply mist one shot to the applicator pad and done. The flip cap don’t help because you don’t need much product and the product is very thin. I applied it direct to a Pinnacle Foam Pad (I prefer meguiars foam pad) using the WOWA method.
    Appearance: Flat Matte Black as advertised. (like it!)
    Conclusion: I used this product in a Mazda Miata Headlights plastic enclosures, before the application the plastic had a non-uniform appearance of color and after the application the plastic have a 99% even flat black color. I really recommend this product..

Pictures:

Before:
    [​IMG]

During Process 50/50:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    black spot is excess of product

After:
    [​IMG]

:)

btw..
    5 minutes ago i tried the famous duragloss combo on this red car (501 -> 601 -> 105) and at this moment i dont have words to describe how i feel.. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :applause2: :headbang:

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Nice review. I like this dressing myself. It is very durable.

3. Bunky

Bunky Guest

Is this product similar to Mothers Back to Black and PB's Trim Restorer?

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Nice review. I'll have to give that one a go to. I just stocked up on alot of Dura-Gloss. Thanks to richy and AL-53...:thumb:

5. blas

blas Birth of a Detailer

the bottle says "dressing" but.. i think the product have restoring abilities.. why? my foam pad turn black after application (before the application i cleaned the plastic with diluted APC), the result was a nice flat black and the plastic had some discolor areas..

some years ago i tried mothers back to black and this product is a garbage, ill never buy it again and i really like the flat black dressing from duragloss.

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

back to black I think is water based (non-greasy), and is quite durable. DG lasts longer, being oil based.

7. blas

blas Birth of a Detailer

2 weeks update..

2 weeks, some raining days, 2 washes..
    nice durability (at the moment) the headlight enclosures seems just as the first day product application
    very pleased with the results!

8. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Very good. Thanks for keeping up with the review...I'm sold...:thumb::thumb::thumb:

9. richy

richy Guest

Thanks for doing that review. I have never tried that product, but thanks to your review, it'll be in my next order. Looking good!

10. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for the review, I haven't heard much of this product. After all it is Duragloss so it has to be good and cheap!

11. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

This product has great durability..I did some faded trim and a week later tried some APC on it to see what would be removed..after the washing..it still looked like it was just done...

as good if not better than the Black WOW....I have both ...and the DG is much much cheaper with very close results

AL