Review: DoDo Juice Time to Dry Drying Detailer

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by musc, Feb 13, 2009.

1. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

Product: DoDo Juice Time to Dry
    Price: £12.95 (18.62 USD at time of review)
    Purchased From: Ben at http://www.carnaubawaxshop.co.uk
    Size: 500ml
    Amount used during application: Very little used to dry mid sized car. I think you could get a lot of use out the 500ml bottle.
    Lable appearance: Great DoDo juice packaging/label as usual
    Directions or Application process: Spray on to wet clean surface then dry with your MF towel/WW towel.
    Ease of use: Easy, though trigger sprayer would be easier imo
    Smell / Scent: Great fruity smell, reminds me of poorboys SSR polish line.
    Consistency: Water like consistency. Not thick or gel like
    Lubricity: VERY VERY slick
    Appearance: Pastel purple color product. Very nice DoDo bottle. DoDo labeling always has a cool design as well.
    Rating 1-5 (5 being the best): 4. Very nice product overall, though its application may not suit everyone.

Pros: It dispurses the water beads. You spray it on a water bead and the bead just dispurses running down the panel. Feels very slick when wiping the panel with WW towel. I think the slickness feeling is the best part of the product! Great for anyone who likes to wipe with the MF Towel/WW. It also smells pretty good too. Another thing is that when you do a panel, your WW towel gets 'primed' so that slickness carries over to the next panel without having to spray a lot more product.

Cons: My biggest concern was that the product stated it could diminish beading. For me, beading is important, even though no beading doesn't necessarily mean no protection, I just associate beading = protection. I am sure a lot of people do as well. You can bring the beading back with Red Mist if needed. I did notice that not every bead was dispursed. You would have to end up spraying a lot of product to dispurse every single bead.

Biggest gripe is that I would prefer that the bottle have a trigger sprayer rather than finger push sprayer, but that maybe more of my personal preference than actual product issue! I can easily change the sprayer head from one of my empty DoDo bottles.

Overall Comments: I really really liked the slick lubricity feeling when drying with my DD Uber WW towel. I am a wiper rather than a blotter, so the lubricated feel is nice and reassuring. I think this is the best part of the product rather than bead busting. I don't tend to have any issues with wash/drying marring, but I think this would be a good product for those guys that do. Maybe someone with dark paint, like black BMWs and Hondas that get marred easily. I think any one who wipes to dry would like the feel of this product.

TESTING: Just cleaned my basic daily driver (09 Camry) which is garaged, but does see road use and rain. I washed yesterday with some Sour Power which I will review soon. The hood was dried with a Red DD Uber waffle weave and DoDo Time to Dry. As a QD, the drivers side half of the hood received Red Mist where as the passenger side received my go to QD, FK425. Base LSP is 2 coats JS109, 2 coats of SV Smaragd about 3 months ago. I just sprayed some water on it I did NOT notice any diminished beading, which is great. Hard to tell in the pic, but water beading was equal on both sides. I should mention that this whole hood did get a wipedown of Red Mist about 10 days ago after a maintenance wash.

Also took a few shots of pre and post spray of the Time to dry.

Tried to follow the forum format for the review. Hope this helps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]