Review: DoDo Juice Let us Spray Bottle (trigger)

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by musc, Feb 13, 2009.

1. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

Product: DoDo Juice Time to Spray Trigger Sprayer Empty Bottles
    Price: £2.95 (250ml) £3.95 500ml (4.25 and 5.69 USD,respectively, at time of review)
    Purchased From: Ben at Rubbish Boy's Carnauba Wax Shop
    Size: 250ml and 500ml
    Lable appearance: DoDo label
    Appearance: Clear bottle with nice shape
    Durability: Will have to test.
    Rating 1-5 (5 being the best): 5. My favorite bottle/sprayer yet!

Pros: This is subjective, but I think its just a great looking bottle. I really like clear bottles, so thats a plus. Plus the sprayer head has a unique design that has nice asthetic look. I really like the fact that it sprays a fine mist. A lot of bottlles have similar shapes and sprayer heads..but this one kind of stands out unique.

Cons: Price. They are on the expensive side when you look at the ones you can get from US plastic. Top that off with international shipping since no US DoDo resellers have them yet. I got 8 bottles and it cost me around 40 bucks not including shipping. There is also no where to write your product name on the label,so you will have to get a label maker or use a sharpie.

Overall Comments: There are certain products I buy in bulk, so I like a nice empty bottle to put the product in. There are even some products that are normal sized that I still put in my own bottle just for the heck of it. So having a nice bottle/sprayer is important to me. I like these a lot because they are unique. The sprayer head has a cool look and dispurses the product in a nice mist. This is great for QDs, window cleaners, etc.

These are a little bit different than the trigger sprayer that comes on Red Mist, Born to Be slippy, etc. These empty bottles have a bluish purple color for the trigger where as the bottles that come with retail product are all clear. Its the same sprayer, just different color. The color looks nice IMO. See photos.

TESTING: I tried to demonstrate the spray pattern by photographing at piece of cardboard and then spray a full trigger acuation of Red Mist from about 6-8" away. You can see the pattern. Its a misted pattern, doesnt come out in a stream. It's hard to show, but the mist is fine. Not much product comes out, but what does, gets dispursed in a nice area in a fine mist.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Awesome review! They are pretty damn expensive.

3. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Great review. I really like these Spray Bottles. It doesn't matter to me if they cost a bit more. Big deal...:thumb:

4. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

nice review! might have to pick some of those up

5. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

I take it then that these sprayers are non-adjustable ?

6. Dom

Dom Two Bucket System Washer

Yes, non-adjustable. They are quite a small spray head design.

PS Nice reviews from musc on all the products...

7. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

Thanks for chiming in Dom! I am definitely enjoying all the new DoDo products!

Yep they are non-adjustable, but I think the mist type and amount is right where it needs to be. One thing I hate about adjustable heads is that you get your adjustment just right then next you know, it gets moved! With this head, its perfect every time!

They are a little expensive, but its not an issue for me, but might be for some. I think they are worth the extra bit of money. I will definitely buy more!

8. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Great reviews of the Dodo stuff, thanks!

$5/ea. isn't unreasonable. The ones I like the most of all I've tried so far are $4/ea., at Northern Tool.

Are the Dodo ones able to be used with harsh chemicals (Meguiar's Wheel Brightener, etc)?

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Very nice and thorough review!

Are they chemically resistant?

10. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I would hope so at that price.

11. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Interesting sprayhead on those........

Are the bottles a ridgid plastic or do they have some give?
    Would a fall crack them? Im clumsy :(

12. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

I will see if Dom from DoDo can chime in about the chemical resistance of the sprayer head.

The bottles do have some give. They aren't hard plastic, so I think they should withstand a fall, though I am not testing that. :)

13. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

You should try Meguiar's spray heads. THey are the best fine mist sprayers i have found.

14. Fox

Fox Any Rag Vehicle Washer

These look pretty good, I'm trying to get autogeek to carry these. I'm not too bothered by the price either, I saw some regular bottles and sprayers at home depot and target for $4 each, I'd much rather spend a little bit more to support detailing! Good to see the dodo line go beyond just waxes and shampoos, I'm very impressed with their line-up of products this year.

15. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Looks like some nice bottles. I love the fact that the plastic is so clear.
    Might have to get a couple this year.

16. Dom

Dom Two Bucket System Washer

The are pretty robust for what they are and the plastic spray head seems fine for most chemicals. It works with our heavy polymer sealant (Red Mist) and this can gum up less heads. Perhaps not the most robust or industrial, but certainly fit for purpose 99.9% of the time in the detailing arena :)