Review: 3D Carpet and Upholstery Shampoo

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by mrgolfrider, Jul 19, 2013.

1. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

So I received my 16oz bottle of the Carpet Shampoo on Wednesday. I had an interior detail on a 2003 Sequioa on Thursday, perfect timing! I really wanted to try this product because of Tuck91 on MOL. I have been following his posts for a few years now and he has had some amazing transformations with this shampoo.

From the directions on the website and the bottle it suggests to dilute 1-2oz into a gallon of water and use a blast of water to create the suds which do all the work. I decided to just put the shampoo in an old Bath and Bodyworks foaming pump hand soap bottle. I had to fill up this small bottle twice during this detail. I used the whole bottle to do the rear carpet under the 3rd row and another bottle to do all the carpet mats. I don't know if that was an excessive amount but I only put about .25-.5 oz in the small soap dispenser.

My process for cleaning the carpets was using my Metro Vac n Blo full size to vacuum all carpets first, my GG 3" with a white carpet brush to agitate the fibers and vacuum again. I then sprayed the foam directly to 2 x 2 areas and agitated it into the carpet with the GG and white brush. I only agitated with the GG for about 90 sec in the whole area. I then used white terry towels from costco to wipe the area dry until no more transfer to the towels.

I took a few pictures of some 50/50s

This is just one of the floor mats. I think you can see which side is clean.
    [​IMG]

Lower portion has been cleaned.
    [​IMG]

This is the small bottle I used for the suds
    [​IMG]

I like the smell of this product. The interior of the truck had a nice scent when I was done with it. I hope to get to use it some more soon. I'm glad I had the chance to use it on lighter colored carpets the first time. I will be buying more once this bottle is empty!

2. fech

fech Birth of a Detailer

Thanks for the review. That carpet looks night and day different from one side to the other.

3. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

Nice review! I wonder how this product would work in a foaming sprayer. I have some Adam's sprayers and want to try then out. APC+ is a low foamer.

4. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I would think it would do extremely well in that type of sprayer. I feel like I could have used even less than I did and that soap dispenser made suds with no problem.

Sent from my mobile device

5. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

thanks mrclrider...haha.

read the review on autopia. =p

6. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

Thanks for the review! Great job.

It would work well, but keep in mind that most shampoos are designed to be used via a bucket/water. This product is extremely foamy. 3D's offering only requires 1-2 ounces per gallon of water. Too heavy of a concentration and it could pose an issue insuring the product is flushed enough from the material and cause rapid resoiling. When used via its intended way, the suds go on for a long time. A quick burst with compressed air and the contents turns very foamy which I think it key for carpets.