RestorFX.... real or bullshit?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Kaban, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a36vdu7gKZo&feature=player_embedded#!

I came across this video on another car forum. Do you guys know anything about it? Seems like some bs to me. They talk about how good it is but they couldn't demonstrate how it is used? Cmon, if the product is so quick and effective, it should've been a piece of cake to include a quick segment to show a guy using it...

2. durabio

durabio Birth of a Detailer

Seems like a sham.. and the phone number listed makes me think its local to me

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That Acura Legend... not a chance in hell. On the other hand, we should all pitch in and have Phil buy some and put it to the test at his shop.

Who's in?

4. Kaban

I'll Paypal ten bucks if you guys really wanna do it.

I guarantee that when he scratched that infiniti fender, the "after" picture was really the "before" picture....

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

The fact that Sales managers at stealerships are pitching it, its going to be garbage...........considering they do anything short of defrauding a customer to recon a car and re sell it for maximum profits. Its junk.

6. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Im not going to be one of those guys who calls bullshit on a product I have never used before.

No wait, yes I will be one of those guys... In my humble opinion I believe the demonstration shown and claims of this product are in fact, wait for it, yes, bullshit!

I cannot wait until some hack detailer puts me out of business when he does full paint corrections in under 45 minutes using this product.

7. mike aesthetica

mike aesthetica Jedi Nuba

I am actually surprised that his pricing for "cut and pawlissh" was pretty good

8. WashingJosh

WashingJosh Jedi Nuba

You can paypal me the money and then I can tell you it doesn't work.

9. Kaban

10. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

That surprised me too ...

11. tfish1

tfish1 Birth of a Detailer

Looks like that wax daddy formula 113 that i wanted to try just never jumped on it

12. ACE2790

ACE2790 Jedi Nuba

I just picture professional detailers hanging out the background with utility belts full of Menzerna and Meguiar's with rotary's in hand doing touch ups between shots.

13. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

LMAO Classic quote from the finest! I know it is not in your nature to blatenly call bullshit,but this made my night Dave. Thank You. LMAO

Darren

14. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Hate to say it guys but the product is for real and yes, it does work as advertised. There is a RestoreFX guy in my complex and yes I have seen it applied and yes it will make a hideous black vehicle look new. It can be polished if multiple layers are applied. Basically, its clear coat applied by hand instead of sprayed. It is very popular with car dealers as they can make a POS look new for a few hundred dollars. Never again will I buy a used car off a lot.

15. Kaban

Damn.....

Um, so is this what the future holds for the detailing world? Why isn't there more talk about it?

16. 911Fanatic

No, not for the detailing world. Just for hacks. No worries my friend.

17. VW 91

VW 91 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Does it last? And are swirls and scratches filled in as well?

18. 911Fanatic

He did a 50/50 on a hammered black Ford F150 tailgate. The RestoreFX side looked like it had just been painted. Its clear coat so it'll be there until you remove it.

19. VW 91

VW 91 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

That seems like cheating lol. What does it cost to do an average sized vehicle.

20. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Ken by the "Proper definition" of what "Works" this product does not really work.................. this is no different than the stuff sold "On TV" that you repair scratches on eyeglasses, also they should put this "Restore FX" on the wheels and wheel wells...........................they missed that in post production. :giggle: