Request: CR vs 915

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Reflect, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I was curious if anyone with 915 and Crystal Rock would want to do a side by side comparison of these two. I'd be interested of the outcome.

2. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

i used 915 and the depth and glow out with CR blows 915 out of the water and it also attracts much much less dust.

you really can't tell in pics unless you have a great camera and it's on 2 identical cars with the same color. funny b/c for the price you could have 915 for life.. but i feel CR has many properties that i haven't found in many nuba, like how it's almost anti static it attracts so little dust, it is easier on/off, smells better, looks in my op 10 times better, just sooo much more depth and for one stinking coat to last 3 months and is still going about 75% strong that is impressive.. the car is outside 24/7 and i live 20 mins from ohare and 20 mins(without traffic) to downtown Chicago. plus about 2-3k miles in the 3 months for 3 weeks right next too ohare.. hell i have had a number of guys ask me what i used for an lsp and products in general esp at the bmw dealer.. when they put my cars next to the ones in delivery lane my car far and away outshines/glows them all.. the depth is nuts with 85rd and topping with CR.. the CR just added so much more than other nuba's i have used the only high end being SV concourso and zymol concourse. which CR killed in every area from application to looks to durability.. i might have to buy another pot soon. Paul you better make sure they ALWAYS make CR.. Phil get on it.. i need this stuff for LIFE!!!!!

3. buja

buja Jedi Nuba

wow 3 months 24/7 outside and still going strong ? unbelievable

whats your maintenance schedule like in terms of frequency and the things done ?

4. FuelTuner

FuelTuner Birth of a Detailer

that is a super impresive review. Hmmm...wanna send me a sample?! LOL

5. atomicfan

atomicfan Any Rag Vehicle Washer

i think you should compare crystal rock with vintage. This would be more fair.

But as Purplewidow said those waxes have a great durability and look much better.

I also have about 4 months durability from Vintage on a car and it is still beading like the first week

6. buja

buja Jedi Nuba

more details on that car ?
    garage queen ? how often driven ? parked indoors/outdoors ?

7. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

CR blows Vintage away, much deeper and wetter look. I did a durability test with on the hood and although Vintage does still bead a few months later, it losses a lot of the tightness as compared to CR.