Renault Megane conv. - detailing in the rain

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Bulla2000, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Bulla2000

Bulla2000 Two Bucket System Washer

Few weeks ago my coiffeur saw my glossy car and asked me to detail his 2 years old black Megane convertible. I said ok and on a sunny saturday he brought his car to me for a complete detail.

First step was to clean inside the car. Hovered 2 times, plastics with Megs #39 und #40, glass with Megs glass cleaner prf. and the leather seats were cleaned with the great products from Colourlock (well known in germany).

Outside:
    First of all I put a layer of Elite Snow Foam on the car, cleaned the wheels and aches with Bilberry and APC 1:10. After washing with lambswool mitt and Megs softwash gel I clayed the car with the really bad Meguiars prof. detailing clay (blue). I cant recommend this clay, there are many betters outside to buy.

Cleaned the engine with APC 1:10 and dressed with Megs Hyper dressing 1:4.

So I looked to the heaven and the sun seems to went down. Few minutes later, the Megane was driven into the garage, the heavy rain starts and its rained the next 8 hours :(.

So I took the chance to use my newest polish, the Koch Chemie Anti-Hologramm. But first of all some swirls and scratches were treated with Makita, LC orange and Menzerna IP 3.02 and Megs #83.
    After that I took the Rotex with the strongly recommend orange pads from Koch Chemie, a small amount of the Anti-Hologramm polish and....wow :doublesho :thumb::doublesho

[​IMG]
    So much amount of polish is enough for 40x40cm.

Its so easy to work with this polish, just great. You´ll get such a high glossy finish I have never seen before. I like the Menzerna PO85RD for its easyness and the high gloo, but the Anti-Hologramm beats it all. After a final wipe with some mf there was such a wet gloss, incredible. So I detailed the whole car with the Anti-Hologramm and it was blowing me away.

Next step - because I detailed a black colored car - I took my Megs #7 and after 3 wipes down the gloss has growed up a little bit.

Last step was the wax. Because the #7 is really oily, I cant use my beloved Wolfgang deep Gloss sealant. So I took the Collinite #845, a blue Lc pad and the rotex and applied it. Some wipe downs with Monster Fluffies later the car really seems to be in better conditions than new. Just unbelievable.

For the bonnet I planned sth. special. Took the rotex and a blue LC pad and Zym*l HD Cleanse, cleansed the bonnet. Its very easy to use the Z HDC with an exzenter. After that I opened my vitrine, took my most expensive wax, the Zym*l Destiny and a little pad and creamed the bonnet. Some wipe downs with the Swissvax red towel a very high gloss comes out. Very nice and the scent of the Destiny was very cool the breathe.

Last step was to clean the windows 2 times with IPA and put a layer of Gtechniq C1 glass sealant on it. Windscreen 2 times.

Because it was raining, I have got no chance to make pictures from outside. The owner was def. blowing away from its glossy and deep deep black color.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Highly recommend: KC Anti-Hologramm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tires treated with Megs Endurance High Gloss.

[​IMG]
    Roof (made of glass) and windows were sealed with Gtechniq c1.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A view outside the garage :doublesho:wall:

Comments are always welcome.

2. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

Great work my friend !! And interesting new polish :thumb:

3. richy

richy Guest

Boy that polish looks incredible..your shots are wicked. I hope to see more on this product.

4. Bulla2000

Many thanks. Sometimes we are importing waxes and polihes from outside germany and europe, and quite perfect things waiting here...
    Koch Chemie is well-known in northern germany and delivers most of the prof. detailers, paint-shops etc.
    So the polishes are very easy to work with, they are made for hard paints (Benz, BMW, Volkswagen etc.) and for smoother paints to. Love it.

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I haven't used the word coiffeur in a long time, LOVE IT!

6. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

Excellent write up! So, can we buy that polish in the USA?

7. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Great work, its amazing how many different products are available across the pond...

8. Bulla2000

Thats really true.
    I´m sorry, but I´m afraid the KC products are only available in germany.

9. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Great work! That bottle of polish is so teasing!!!