removing smoke damage?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by garagemethods, Dec 9, 2010.

1. garagemethods

garagemethods Virgin Detailer

best way to do it? best product? i've been reading a bit and it seems the einszett deep plastic cleaner is what would do the trick. anything better out there? and is it good for vinyl as well?

2. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

CQuartz SOPure or DrivePur System are both excellent for PERMANENTLY removing smoke odours. a good APC will take care of the staining, most of it anyways

3. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

For the smell I stick a couple jars of vinegar inside the car and let it sit for a few hours. The smell of vinegar and smoke will eventually go away.

For the vinyl and other surfaces I just use an higher concentrated APC.

4. garagemethods

garagemethods Virgin Detailer

so will the einszett deep plastic one be a good apc to use?

5. pecka13

pecka13 Birth of a Detailer

^ yes. The deep PLastic cleaner is very strong.

But for a cheaper option use any other APC to remove it.

6. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

This is a cheap but time consuming method for absorbing bad odors that I have heard works:

buy a newspaper (preferably Sunday edition) then crumple up as many pages as you can and leave them in the car overnight.

A friend of mine tried this on a new to him car he purchased that had been smoked in before.

7. pecka13

pecka13 Birth of a Detailer

That seriously works?????

8. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

My friend said it did...does seem strange though.
    Actually, I just reread the subject of the post and sounds like the OP was more concerned about damage directly to the plastic from smoke. Sorry if my previous post wasn't 100% on topic.