Removing mud flaps is not so easy! (pics)

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Tonya, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Well my buddy told me how mud can build up behind the mud flaps. You know what he was right. However I had no idea how much of a pain it was to remove them.
    [MotorCity I :worship: you! I thought I was going to go :crasy: working on those mud flaps!

2. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

It isnt too horrible on an Accord. I haven't driven my new one that much yet, but on the 2003 I used to take them off every time I washed at home. Minding you that I was washing the car at night.

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Rocco,

Sorry if our disccussion caused you a tough time... I also have a 2003 Accord and like sneek said it's an easy process..

But hey you got them all cleaned up and back on..

Maybe next time will be easier now that you've got it under your belt once

Out of curiosity, what step gave you the trouble?

4. Tonya

[​IMG]

5. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Ahh gotcha.. tight fit issues...

6. Tonya

I guess I should have taken a pic first. Maybe I should have gotten the T thing you were talking about! :shrug: I could only turn it 2 clicks at a time. I tired the shortest screw driver they make and there just was not enough clearance. :shrug:

7. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Nahh, your tool was good.. looks like you just have a little clearance...

Take the wheels off next time and all your problems will be solved

8. Tonya

:thud:

9. Nica

Nica Banned

That's cool, I've only done that once on one of my vehicles and it so hapens it was a Honda Civic I owned once...I don't know if I'd be doing that all the time though, heck if you can do it twice a year it should be good to go but then again that's just me :2cents:

Vehicle looks great Rocco...oooh you need to try the Black WOW stuff, it dosen't even compare to the Black Again product...I used Black Again my self and after usin Black WOW I can't go back to Black Again.

I'm assuming you used the heater right?

10. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Yup, I dont' do it everytime, just every time I wash my car in my driveway

11. Tonya

I might be able to do it twice a year! I don't know. :shrug: That was :crasy: even for me! :rollinglaugh:
    Black WOW.. OK when I run out that is what I will try next:thumb:

:nod: I used my heater! :woot:

12. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Looks great Rocco and the VRP rocks doesn't it!!! And by the way Nica is right Black Wow is the bomb! I just got some CGs Trim Gel and can't wait to use it to compare it to Black Wow.

13. vrwm

vrwm Jedi Nuba

Looks good:thumb:!!

14. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Sweet work rocco, your car is nice and clean :D