Removing Menzerna Polishes

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Bmer89, May 4, 2012.

1. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

Any tips to make it easier? I use a lot power finish and I always have to spray clay lube or qd to take it off. Not sure if I'm just jot working it long enough or too much? Or that's just how it is... Tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

I would advise against using a clay lub or QD since they will add a layer of slickness that will hinder the bond of the subsequent LSP.

Menzerna makes Top Inspection - this is a pre-wax cleaner that will remove polishing oils and residue.

3. chemgys99

chemgys99 DB Forum Supporter

You may be using too much product. And always keep you pad clean. I personally never had a problem with pf. You just got to try and find the right amount.

4. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

You're definitely using way too much product or not allowing it to break down properly. The more product, the longer the break down time.

5. Bmer89

I'll try using less product. I do ipa wipedowns before lsp so I'm not worried about leaving small traces of oil behind. Isn't that what polishes are made of anyway?

6. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

only need to use about 4-6 M&M sized dots of polish

7. Bmer89

Yeah I was using too much product, and not working it near long enough. Now I can see it break down all the way, much easier to remove! Thanks for the help guys! If I can figure out how to upload pictures from my phone, I'll post a few pictures of the beauty I was working on at the time.