removing makeup from consoles...suggestions?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Foxtrot_01, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Foxtrot_01

Foxtrot_01 New Member

Hello all, first post here. So I just bought a G35 from a close friend and it is going to be quite a job to detail this baby.

Where do I start....

There is makeup crud on the console, the pockets are covered with a felt like material and I am afraid if I pour water it will damage that material and/or seep under the middle console and damage something else. Any suggestions on how to remove this makeup crud?

I have vacuumed it and tried to remove as much as I can while dry. I read that a mix of woolite and water is often used to clean the interior of the car.

Any suggestions on how to tackle this one?

I also noticed water spots or liquid spots(if you see the radio screen you can see the spots) in the non-reflective surfaces(picture) any ideas on how to clean those as well?

PS: I have ordered 303 to clean the dashboard but I think this goes after I have removed all the makeup and cleaned the dashboard.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

What do you have access to?

3. Foxtrot_01

Foxtrot_01 New Member

I just bought some 303 to protect the dashboard and leatherique(prestine clean and rejuvenator) for cleaning the leather.
    So far I am using woolite and water to do a regular clean and then use some distilled water after that.
    the old water spots on the radio and the nonreflective are of the dash didn't get cleaned by distilled water.
    I can purchase other products for cleaning thou. any suggestions.

4. Rein.co

Rein.co New Member

It looks like you have a lot of cleaning to do. I would honestly recommend the CLR to remove all that rust you have their. You cant leave it for too long because you don't want to damage your car. Also because they are small compartments you can either purchase a small brush or I hear some people use a toothbrush it does the job. I would recommend our Interior cleaner after that and to care for your vinyl i would recommend the RPV.

I hope this was helpful.

Rein, co
    http://www.rein.co/shop/

1fastpony2 likes this.