Removing Black Scuff Marks

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by vepa, Feb 16, 2008.

1. vepa

vepa Virgin Detailer

Suggestions for removing Black Scuff Marks from Tan Leather

2. Nica

Nica Banned

I had a very small scuff mark on my tan leather on my SUV from my little girl, I've been using Lexol and I sprayed the cleaner on the area and with a moist soft brush I agitated it and it removed it.

I would guess that most leather cleaners should take care of it but then again scuff marks can be a paint to deal with.

Oh now that I remember didn't Phil (DetailersDomain) remove paint from leather? I can't remember what he used though?

I hope Phil sees this and posts as I'm prity sure it was him that did that nasty vehicle with paint inside of it.

3. advanced detail

advanced detail Two Bucket System Washer

The magic eraser works well on door panel scuff marks,give it a try.

4. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

CG leather cleaner and a Meg's Interior brush (buy at dollar general) unbeatable combo!!!

5. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

AGREED!

also the INDURO brush from CG works great for leather cleaning

6. vepa

vepa Virgin Detailer

Thanks Guys

7. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

The 1z leather cleaner and conditioner that I've used seems to work fairly well for removing stains and conditioning at the same time. Just used the 1z plus a Costco MF to buff it out.

8. Jimmie

Jimmie Birth of a Detailer

Lexol Cleaner and a brush have gotten out scuffs and stains that others haven't. I've used Magic Eraser on the really stuborn spots but be very careful because it will remove color.