Red Camry and a Red SRX on the road again

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by gmblack3, Apr 15, 2008.

1. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Another road trip up to Anderson, SC. Approx 170 miles each way. I left the house at 5am.

I did not take alot of pics on this trip as I wanted to get both vehicles done in one day and avoid the $80 for a hotel.

This time to do exterior details on a Camry and SRX, both red. Clients where able to secure me a garage to work in.

First up is the camry w/ 22k miles. Its been sitting outside 24/7 as the clients are building a new house. They hope to be into the new house in a month or so, then I will go back up to polish his 07 Tundra.

I arrived at 7:30am and got started at 8am on the camry.

[​IMG]

I foamed it down with CGCWC/Z7 combo and the lance. Scrubbed down the tires/wells/wheels with AM red hot APC. Rinsed everything off and refoamed to do a 2 bucket wash with Z7.

Started out by trying to clay with the zaino clay and Z6 as a lube, but not on this contaminant ridden surface. Tar spots and sap everywhere. I moved up to a clay magic medium claybar and this is what it looked like after the trunk:

[​IMG]

After claying I have it a quick rewash, dried it and moved inside.

For 22k miles it had a good amount of swirls.

I made 3-4 passes with M105 and a yellow wool edge pad at 1700.

Wanting to stay as efficent as possbile and with the lack of sun outside to check for holograms, I followed with ZPC/white CCS/PC6. This way there would be no need for a rewash prior to apply zaino.

After a Z6 wipedown, I then applied 3x of Z2pro and followed with an application of Z8.

I applied Z-16 to the tires and ZAIO to the wheels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While I was detailing the SRX the sun peaked out for a bit so I got a few quick shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Caddy SRX w/ 40k miles.

[​IMG]

This one sits out 24/7 as well.

Foamed the paint and cleaned the wells/wheels/tires the same as the Camry.

This one also had some tar spots on the hood so I used the medium clay there and the zaino clay on the vert panels.

I polished the hood with 3-4 passes of M105/yellow wool/1700.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Looks like this is a tinted clear:

[​IMG]

I then followed with ZPC/white CCS/PC6.

On the vertical panels, I want to try out something a little different. So on the white CCS pad, I applied one thin 3" strip of M105 and two 3" thin strips of ZPC. I worked this at 1700 with the flex 3403 rotary. This combo worked very well and removed about 80-85% of the defects. Leaving only some deeper RIDS.

I could not catch the sun outside to check for holograms, so to be safe I finished with ZPC/white CCS/PC6.

After a Z6 wipedown, I applied 2x of Z5pro followed by Z8. Tires got Z-16 after the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By 7pm I was back on the road and home at 9:30pm.

2. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Many apologies if this is a commonly asked question. I get all of your acronyms except "PC6". What is this?

Fantastic job by the way. Can't say I've ever seen a tinted clear.

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Excellent work, wow! I hope you charged for putting all those miles on your car. I personally charge close to 50c a mile here in Texas.

Mindflux: Porter Cable on speed 6...

4. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

That's what I was thinking, but I didn't want to belt it out and sound like a rambling idiot.

:applause2:

By the way you do mobile detailing? Do you have a portable wash system or do you use your clients garage/driveway?

I was tossing the idea around of getting more serious with my detailing and take on some clients but I don't have an inkling of what would be necessary to do so.

5. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Very nice work! Wow cant believe you drop that far!

Now find some more bad cars so u can bust out the AV!

6. gmblack3

Thanks! Have run into a tinted clear on some of the black Infiniti's as well. I was suprised by this one too.

Thanks! Still came out very well even though the Denali only gets about 17mpg the way I drive it on the highway. :giterdone:

Thanks Phil. All in a days work/drive my friend. :)

I have another black S65 AMG on Thursday, but this one is a 2008.....Think I should try out the AV on that? :thumb:

7. Dave KG

Dave KG Jedi Nuba

Nice glossy finish on these cars :)

8. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Great job Bryan, both vehicles are perfect now. Must been a long drive back home from those 2.:thumb:

9. O4COBRA

O4COBRA Birth of a Detailer

Nice work. The Camry came out amazing!!

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

That Camry looks amazing! Love that stunning red color!

11. Rydawg

Rydawg Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Superb work Bryan!

I agree with Phil, bust out those AV's!

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Well done two vehicles in one day wow...there is no way I could do that :thud:

Both vehicles look great, brought the red back to life, thank you for sharing with us :peace:

13. gmblack3

Thanks Dave! I always enjoy your writeups!

Thanks Angelo! Not too bad of a drive. Heck most of my "local" clients are 1 hour away for the most part.

Thanks Cobra!

Thanks SC'd!

Thanks Ryan! I have not even hooked them up to an airhose yet. :(

Thanks Carlos! Sometimes everything just works out right, not often enough. :)