recommend me a starter kit

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by ake53, Sep 3, 2013.

1. ake53

ake53 Virgin Detailer

hello everyone,

*I hope this is going into the right section*

I am slowly getting started in detailing, right now I detail 3 of my personal cars

Green/beige leather 2002 BMW X5,
    White/ gray 2012 Chevy Colorado
    Blue/gray 2007 Honda Odyssey

I am looking to start purchasing better products instead of gold car wash, black magic products etc.

I am very ocd about detailing.
    once a week, I wash the exterior, make sure its waxed and trim dressed, dress engine bay, and vac, wipe interior.

I would like to get started with a pressure washer and foam lance. recommendations? And what other products should I get to start.
    I am kind of on a budget and not doing any high end cars yet. looking for medium level, cost effective products to slowly get into detail.
    Please recommend me a list of products.
    thank you

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

3. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Link is broken.I believe it is THIS you were ;linking to, no?

To me, if you are doing your cars, and possibly just a few clients, you do not need a pressure washer or foam lance. If you are on a budget, you would be better off getting a fire-hose nozzle with a Gilmour foam gun.

Those work plenty fine, as I have one and love it!

I would get the Griots polisher listed above, as well as:

Menzerna FG400
    Sonax Perfect Finish 4/6
    some better wax [depending on what you have]
    Make sure you get Grit Guards for your buckets
    Quality tools for washing, like wheel woolies, some Meguiars MF mitts, etc.
    If you will be decontaminating your cars, get some AF Iron-out and Nano-skin products [maybe a pad for your new DA!]
    1z Klima cleaner is a great product to remove odors from your air
    Quality leather products like Leatherique

There are MANY great products out there to try, I would recommend looking through these forums, see what people use and say about it...and if in doubt, Phil @ Detailers Domain does not sell ANY bad or low quality products...so buy with confidence any time with him! You can even call or email him personally and he will help you out!