Recommend different MF brands, please?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Prancing Horse, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Prancing Horse

Prancing Horse Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hello, DBers. I'm about to make my first big haul within the next week or so, and I was hoping you guys could recommend certain MF towels for me.

Are there certain brands, or places you buy from that you favor over the rest ? And with all the different facets of detailing, and the vast selection of MF available, are there some that you feel are better suited for certain tasks?

What are your favorites for:

- drying?

- polishing?

- wax removal?

- QD'ing?

- interior?

- etc.?

Thanks a ton. I've definitely looked at, and will more than likely purchase from some of the prominent vendors here, so all feedback is certainly appreciated!

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

- drying - Just got some ShowroomFX (tropi-care) WW in today, they feel great, RB drying towel,

- polishing- Megs Ultimate Wipe or Uber all purpose

- wax removal - uber blue, megs ultimate wipe

- QD'ing- Justin's Super Fly and his yellow ultimate

- interior - yellow cheap ones from wholesale stores

3. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Tropicare Waffle weaves drying towels. Rag Shack Amazing Dryer towel
    Tropicare Super Plush towels- qd'ing
    Rag Shack Super Premium towels for wax/polish removal
    Rag Shack All purpose towels for anything else.

4. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

Drying = WW pakshak
    Polish removal, wax, Qding = MF plush pakshak
    others = any cheap All purpose towels will be fine ...

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Pakshak towels across the board. There are no better towels out there.

6. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

- drying
    Chemical Guys Miracle Dryer
    Vroom Drying Towels

- polishing
    Chemical Guys Ultra Premium 70/30

- wax removal
    E-Shine's Cookie Monsters
    Chemical Guys Sasquatch

- interior
    Costco MFs

- glass
    RagShak Window WW

7. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I use Chemical Guys towels for most of my stuff. For wax removal, I like to use Cobra Indigos. They work very well IME :)

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Quite some time ago I purchased one of each towel from Pakshak and I have to agree with Dana. Now that I think of it, I'm probably going to put all my towels up for sale to get more PakShak ones. :thud:

9. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

+1 on Pakshak towels. Do you know that Ranney (owner) inspects each and every towel before shipping. Try out the white 16x16 edgeless towel for wax/sealant removal. BTW there's a 20% sale till 1/15/10.

10. Cleaning Fool

Cleaning Fool Birth of a Detailer

I still prefer a nice big , plush, egyptian cotton towel to dry with. Nice ones at Bed Bath and Beyond. After a few washes, Waffle Weaves don't absorb worth a nickel in my tests, don't like em at all. They have been demoted to oil change rags.

11. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Been using the same 2 ww 4-5 times a week with ONR and absorbs water better than a sponge. My experience with cotton towels is that it streaks unlike ww. And yes, I have used egyptian towels.

12. Prancing Horse

Prancing Horse Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks for all the quick replies, guys! I didn't realize Tropi-care had changed its name, and Pakshak was completely new to me. Looks like good stuff.

13. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Does Ranney run these sales somewhat often? I can't really make any purchases until my current MF's sell. :doh:

14. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Quite a few different people sell these, but still my favorite:

[​IMG]

15. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Haven't seen a 20% sale in some time.

16. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Ranneys towels are ALWAYS on sale. His last Xmas sale lasted almost 9 months! LOL! Then there was another MF sale. They are VERY nice.

17. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

i like tropi-care towels and the uber all-purpose towels.

18. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

Agree to 911fanatic, ranney towel always on sale everyday ... there is no due date

I cant find 20% off? only for edgeless? or all MF?

thanks

19. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

drying - Sonus Der Wunder or Showroom FX WW towel

polishing - Ultra premiums from Justin or Chemical Guys

wax removal - CG Fluffer Miracle Supra

QD'ing - Justin's Gladiator MF towel

interior - Costco MF towels

Wheels/tires/engine - any old/stained MF that I'm willing to use a couple of times and throw away (there is no way I'm washing those)...

20. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I have recently become very fond of Meguiar's Supreme Shine towels. They're nice and soft, they're not needlessly thick, and they're generously sized. The best part, though, is that they're $7.99 for a 3-pack. And, if you've got an Amazon Prime account, they're eligible for the free shipping. Even better.

Legacy99 has convinced me. He generously threw in a handful of Pakshak towels as part of a trade we recently did. The two 16x24 towels are very nice, and if I can figure out which one they are on the Pakshak site, I'll probably order some when the time comes.

But this white edgeless towel for wax/sealant removal...wow. Just "wow." It doesn't look like any of my other microfiber. And it's actually on the thin side. But talk about a towel that makes quick work of LSP buffing. Last night's task was RBOE on my S2000, and this towel really did work better than anything else I've used. Compared to all of my other microfiber, this thing is in a class by itself for LSP removal.