Recent trades/buys

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by eyezack87, Apr 18, 2009.

1. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Recently picked up a couple things from members and sponsors to add to my growing collection. I figured I would wait about a month or so before posting what I got so here it is. These are my recent acquisitions from March-now IIRC :headbang:

From a member here (not saying his name for obvious reasons):
    -Zymol Vintage (3oz sample)
    [​IMG]

From Cooter AKA Heath:
    -CG E-Zyme
    -Wheel Wax
    -Gold pad
    -Terry app
    -Microfiber app
    -Gold Euro app
    -Pinnacle Paste Glaz
    -Lusso Oro
    -Riccardo Blue WITH STICKER :applause2: (collection complete lol :giggle:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From Juztang:
    -Personalized Supernatural 2.0 (Iroku Edition)
    -2 small Dodo stickers
    -2 big Dodo stickers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From a plastics source:
    -Too many to list...
    Big Picture
    [​IMG]
    Types of stuff
    [​IMG]
    Dodo Sprayer anyone? :headbang:
    [​IMG]

From Phil @ DD:
    -1Z Klima-Cleaner
    -Leather Masters Kit
    -Uber Blue Large Dressing Applicator
    -Uber Blue Small Dressing Applicator
    -Uber Red Notched Applicator
    -Uber Red Wax Applicator
    -Uber Red MF Towel (freebie I think--thanks Phil!)
    [​IMG]

And my most valuable piece IMO....

From Richie Carbone:
    -Swissvax Concorso :applause2: :headbang:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking guys :thumb:

2. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Wow, some great pickups!! That plastic source looks great..i wouldnt mind if you PM'ed me with the name Isaac :)

3. Jay J

Jay J Birth of a Detailer

Got another shipment monddaay :p

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

nice haul :eek:

5. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

Please let me know how you like those sprayers. I was going to pull the trigger on those and the bottles from a plastic supplier and decided to hold off.

6. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

you can buy hair care products at wal mart with those sprayer heads on them.

7. DaveS4

DaveS4 Jedi Nuba

Nice grabs! BTW, your 'plastic source' isn't really that much of a secret... :)

8. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Nice waxes bro.

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice haul :thumb: :thumb:

10. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Can you also PM me the plastic place for the sprayers?

The ones I have, from US plastic source, sprays way too much product at once. I go through about 4oz of wheel cleaner per car wash :(

11. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

you must be doing well to buy all that stuff!

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

where did you get these from?

[​IMG]

13. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

thats what im trying to find out, looks like great stuff!

14. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I'll post it after I finish replying to everyone lol :thud:
    This is probably going to be the last one for quite some time unless I find a great deal somewhere :giggle:
    Thanks bud :applause2:
    I absolutely love them for QD and cold water wipedowns. Currently testing a 1:3 mix of Power Clean through the HDPE bottle and the nozzle, hopefully it'll last because that makes it a great spray down for the bug guts in the front :)
    +2 to that, but they need special bottles since the neck doesn't fit the normal 32oz spray bottles we all normally buy, at least thats how it is for this style I picked up...
    Hehe, I just wanted to keep people in suspense thats all :p
    Thanks! I can't wait to use them at least once! lol. They are going straight into my collection :headbang:
    Thanks Carlos :thumb:
    I'll post it at the end. If you want to know, these sprayers take roughly 150 squirts (lol) to make 1oz of product shoot through them :gidiup:
    Sort of. These were all paid for right before I got my speeding ticket. Now I have to recuperate some of those funds :thud:

15. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I think I might have found the answer. A picture's worth a thousand words.

16. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Typing it up Heath, give me a second fellas haha. Its also a review for you guys :)

but no, I did not purchase from them ;)

17. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Alright guys. Although I must not help fuel our deadly disease, the outcry has been too much for me to ignore. I'll link you guys to the spray heads only, then you should pay attention to my review of the stuff lol. CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK :giggle:

LINK TO "DODO" STYLED SPRAY HEAD

My reviews having played with them for one week:
    These seem to be almost identical to the Dodo Juice spray heads that come on the Red Mist bottles. That is a rough guess on my part but knowing the price of the Dodo product and how much these spray heads spray, I have come to my conclusion that way.

These spray heads are "natural fine mist sprayers" as stated on the website. To shoot out exactly 1oz of product, one would need to "fire" the trigger at least 150 times. While it may seem troublesome for some of you, I have found this bottle excellent for quick detailers. Whether to aid in the drying process OR claying, this combination of bottle, spray head, and QD have proven very effective in my experience. Glass cleaners are also quite effective through this set up as well.

Also to note, while I am not sure that the sprayer is capable of lasting very long with an APC, I am currently testing it with Optimum Power Clean. I find that it works perfectly as a pre-spray on bug guts on vehicles. It has been about 5 days since OPC has been "fired" through the spray head and it still holds up well. Hopefully they will outlast the amount of product I have in there and more. If I hold it up somewhat close, it also seems to "foam" on impact, so thats noteworthy in my case as well :)

Overall, I am quite satisfied with my purchase. Everything I have has a purpose. I'm sure most of you will not be disappointed if you buy it either, but you have been more or less warned that it isn't a "real" spray we're used to. But, I'm sure all of you knew that hehe :giggle:

------------------------------------------------

TIP for those who would like it or are interested in buying their own:

-Pick up the right bottle. They DO NOT fit our traditional 32oz chemical sprayers :poke:
    -Thinner bottles are best as they feel more "perfect" for people with medium-small hands, but those with bigger hands may want to pick up both thin and wide bottles :graduation:
    -8oz and 16oz bottles do NOT have that much of an impact on product usage for those scared to run out on a job. To give you an idea, a cold water spritz/wipe down took about 0.25-0.50oz of water OR Optimum Instant Detailer on my Lexus RX330 SUV (no roof though, I'm not tall enough without a chair lol....) :thumb:
    -APC chemicals and harsh things, pick up HDPE bottles, PET ones will crack eventually and spill out :graduation:
    -ONR, distilled water, QDs, anything with low corrosion, PET bottles work perfectly

------------------------------------------------

Thats it guys. Hope you like this small review. I'll post a more in-depth review as soon as I can in a separate thread (give me about 1 week guys). Things like this deserve their own thing afterall :giggle:. Also, Carlos, if you have any objection to me posting the link, by all means you can remove it. I'm only looking to help out our members after all. I would never keep a secret from our friends :thumb:

18. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

How do you like those Dodo style sprayer heads....are they leaky leaky ?

I like the regular ones just fine. Non trigger handle. They atomize just great and don't leak.
    Love to hear comparisons between the 2....

19. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Very nice additions

20. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Awesome haul there Isaac. :)