Recent Order/Impulse Buys!

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by eyezack87, Sep 9, 2008.

1. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Just received my order from Autogeek from when they had that 20% off sale. Great people to work with might I add. The 20% off wasn't working on one of my items so I emailed and posted a thread about it. They replied and asked me to call later when I ordered but it turned out they went ahead and fixed it for me so that was pretty cool :gidiup:

It also came in a big box, which was only filled 1/3 of the way with my order, so it made me think that shipping was so high because of the packaging peanuts :p
    [​IMG]

What was inside the box :applause2:
    [​IMG]

----------------------------------------------
    Now for part 2. I've been pretty determined to find a local store that would cater to my bottle needs. Being both mobile and stationary makes it very annoying to carry all my polishes and whatnot around so I decided to look for some. Found plenty at Michaels, you know, that arts and crafts store? Anyway, they looked almost like the 32oz bottles Menz has for their polishes. I figured carrying 4oz and 8oz bottles would be more space saving than carrying around 16oz and 32oz bottles :thud:. For under $2 each bottle they're not bad. Much better than the mixing bottles I've been buying from Target for $1 each :sorry:

Also included were 2 2oz containers. I felt like I need it soon because I accidentally cracked my Zymol Creme container so hopefully this will be a great replacement :thumb:

Last thing in the picture is a brush. Surprisingly it reminded me of the Zymol and Swissvax wheel brushes. I figured I would give it a stab and see if it lasts longer than the Zymol one at least. For $3.29 it doesn't break my wallet nor anyone elses out there. I'm going to give it a try soon so pretty much expect a review on a Michaels "Wheel" brush lol :p:

In my shopping bag:
    [​IMG]

----------------------------------------------
    Part 3. As you can see I've been busy driving about and ordering stuff. I figured I would also post this one too since people rarely do. The owner of ShowCarDetailing, Richard Lin AKA OctaneGuy is a local detailer around me. He carries a bunch of the Megs line as well as the Prima line. It was due to him that I decided to try out the Prima line. I loved Prima Swirl so much that I bought a 32oz bottle (newly introduced) and picked up Prima Finish (16oz) and Banana Gloss (16oz) to test out. Banana Gloss is a new product that is supposed to instantly protect your paint, even in the hot hot sun of Southern California (black cars included). It hazes instantly and is ready for immediate removal within seconds. Durability is supposed to be about 2 months since this is a quick wax system, not anything like we're used to anyway. Richard also gave me a microfiber mitt for free to apply the product since its consistency is pretty much water-like. If you are wondering, I am indeed looking to replace my low end Menzerna line (IP and FPII) with something that works as well as SIP and 106FF. So yup, expect more reviews from me within the month! :headbang:

From OctaneGuy:
    [​IMG]

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Nice Haul!! Gotta love getting stuff in the mail. Its like Xmas! Thanks for the tip, I've got a Michaels 10 minutes from me.

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Nice one! I got some of that 476 for $8 at Harbor Freight and it's great wax!

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice order..they the Collinity container looks different or is that just me :shead:

Now put the items to good use and don't forget to take some pictures :whistle:

5. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Nice, that brush does look very similar to the SV brush. IMO i would never buy a Zymol brush again. The quality of it is just bad. That $3 brush looks WAY better than a Zymol one. Good find :thumb:

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hehe, I just picked up that brush myself.

7. P1et

Mine looked exactly the same!

8. Nica

Nica Banned

oh..mm...:confused: I must have been thinking of another Collinity container...I just remember seeing a darker one :shead: well don't mind me, I don't even own Collinity, just images I've seen others post :shrug:

9. P1et

You really should get some sir, don't let the cheap price put you off! You know all the UK detailers swear by it!

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Yes I really should, I keep saying I'll add it this time but I keep forgetting, I should just place an order just for Collinity other wise I'll just keep on forgetting about it :shakehead:...besides since Im a huge fan of wax during winter this would be a great addition to my collection :thumb:

Price don't really mean anything to me, I'm a huge fan of Victoria and it's much, much less then Vintage...but it's a great wax so I love using it :thumb:

11. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

Does ShowCarDetailing have a store you can just walk in and shop? I need some more Prima stuff and I'd rather drive over there than pay for shipping.

12. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

What is that brush's usage as described in a craft store such as Michael's? I'm just wondering where I should head once I'm inside there...

13. Denzil

Denzil Guest

It's in the art/paint section. It should be in an aisle where all the paint brushes are displayed.

14. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Great purchases. I was looking to go to Michaels this weekend I will have to look at the brushes. Let us know how you like the Banana Wax. I like Swirl a lot and want to try Epic and Banana Wax.

15. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Yeah, even if you don't want to wait for a review, its cheap enough to not make it a big problem if it doesn't perform to your expectations :)
    Damn, I should go to my local HF to see if they have any left...thats hella cheap...
    Nica, now you made me nervous because I started researching and saw 2 different containers as well :shead:
    Thanks man, it really surprised me when I saw it. I was like...Swissvax? :shead: lol
    Nice one Denzil, if you want to post a review you are more than welcome to. None of my cars have heavy brake dust right now (Lexus) but I may steal my friends BMW for this test/review :headbang:
    Of course. showcardetailing.com He is located in Placentia :thumb:
    Paint Brush isle/bottles. It was all grouped together for me so it was quite easy to find. Though the amount of brushes they sell is slightly intimidating...over 100...:thud:
    Thanks Denz :thumb:
    Seems promising so far. Its stiff and soft at the same time. Reviews on Banana and Finish will be up as I currently love Swirl right now. I'm considering a side-by-side comparison of Swirl, IP, and SIP with a PC and Flex as well for a review :headbang:

16. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

You can't go wrong with the Collinite.

17. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Just picked some up myself. Was like $9.50 and I had a 15% off coupon. That brush looks nice. I might have to check out Michaels.

18. RussECU

RussECU DB Forum Supporter

Nice pick ups there! Hey that brush is made in Germany too! I may have to pick one up to compare.

19. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I may be using it today. I wish I had a SV or Zymol brush to compare it to though...

Oh, there are 2 different "models" lol. One is from Germany, which is the one I have now, and the other is from China :shrug:

20. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I've got a SV brush... I'm afraid the Michael's brush won't hold up to the abuse of cleaning wheels from examining it. I was actually thinking I'd designate the Michael's brush for dusting out vents since it's smaller than the SV brush.