Ready to use Gloss It this weekend.

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Spyral, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

Ok, so my Gloss It order came in! I need a little help here. I have the following produicts:

Gloss Activator, Gloss Finish, Concorso Gloss and Gloss Enhancer QD. I plan on washing the car with an APC and CWC combo to strip the LSP. After that, I will have a fresh slate to work with.

What order do I apply the Gloss It items in and are there any special instructions or things I should look out for? I plan on waiting until I am done with the application before I decide on an LSP, I have the following LSP's:
    SN, RBOE, Souveran, Signature II, 5050, Pete's 53, Lusso, P21S 100%, Natty's Blue, 915, Mig fruitta, DJ Bananna Armor, Blue Velvet, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub and Purple Haze.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated since this is my first time with Gloss It. I really am excited to try this stuff out.

[​IMG]

2. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Ok here should be your order...

Lay down a base coat of the Gloss Activator, apply it thin as a little goes a long way, let it cure for about 15mins and buff off. Apply your first coat of Gloss Finish by hand or machine, IMO hand application is easier just be sure to use a super soft foam pad... you do not need an additive to layer Gloss Finish like Zaino, just apply your first coat, wait 20minutes and buff off and your ready to apply coat number 2... you can do up to 3 coats in a day.

I would suggest using at least 2 coats of Gloss Finish for the protection and durability.

After you have the Gloss Finish buffed off then its time to apply the Concourso Gloss. Again apply it by hand or DA using the softest foam you have, I prefer the 100ppi lake country gold pads. Let concourso cure for as long as you like... you can let it sit for an hour or buff it off in 15minutes, the choice is yours. If you really want a wet look than 2 coats of Concourso works awesome as well.

You DO NOT NEED to top the GI sealants with a nuba. The purpose of the Concourso Gloss is to add a deep carnauba glow to the paint, you will see after Concourso you wont want to put a wax on top.

The Gloss Finish/Concourso application alone is a very unique look and a mixture of sharp high gloss sealant and deep wet carnauba.

I would wait as long as possible before doing your final wipedown with the Gloss Enhancer QD just to ensure the sealants have bonded to the finish 100%.

Here is a STi I did using the Gloss Finish and Concourso treatment...

[​IMG]

Good luck, post pics:afro:

3. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Nice LSP's there.:thumb:

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

BTW work in each of the sealants using small circular motions until you get a fine haze

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

results llok good on the sooby.

6. Spyral

Thank you very much! I will be doing the Gloss It detail this Friday since my office is closed! I will take pictures!

7. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Are those the Gloss-It pads in the first photo?

8. slanguage

no, those are pads I sent him in a trade.

9. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I agree with David. Two coats of Gloss Finish followed by one coat of Concorso and you won't need to add anything. Keep in mind that Concorso is a decorative top coat like a lot of 'nubas and will need to be topped up every 6 weeks or so.

10. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Excellent instructions by DSMS. You really don't need to top GI with anything, looks great on its own, though if you still decide to top it, I would suggest waiting a couple of weeks at least so you can fully enjoy GI on its own and then hit it with RBOE. That should be an incredible combo.

11. 911Fanatic

Waana send me some RBOE so I can verify your hypothesis?

12. Spyral

I have a full pot (used on 1 car) what do you have to trade? lol

Thanks for all the instructions, I just got the full low down from dsms and I am pretty confident it is going to look great on my black car. Pictures will be posted Friday afternoon.

Thanks everyone!

13. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

What? Give up my RBOE? That's like asking me to give up one of my kidneys man. :poke:

14. 911Fanatic

PM sent

Thats very nice of you to offer but I don't need a kidney. I'll send my address!

15. slanguage

16. Rooster_Cogburn

Rooster_Cogburn Virgin Detailer

Just placed a Gloss It order myself: picked up a nice kit of 4oz. sample sizes for all their products. I'm really impressed with what I've seen & read of Gloss It so far, and hopefully I'll stay impressed after using them...I'm looking to consolidate my products to as few brands as possible to save shelf space and money.

17. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I thought you were kidding man, I'd be more than happy to send you a sample of it.

18. Spyral

Ok, the car is washed and dryed, did the wheels and tires, getting ready to apply the Gloss Activator.

19. Spyral

First layer of Gloss Finish applied over the base of Gloss Activator. in about 20 minutes I will buff that combo off and apply a second layer of Gloss Finish. So far, the products are easy to use and spread REALLY well. You don't need much to do an entire vehicle.

20. Spyral

All of my during shots sucked..lol..so here are the afters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall, very nice stuff, with a fairly straight forward application process. However, I miss the applying a traditional LSP step.