Read this article on Clay Bars

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by eShine, Oct 17, 2008.

1. eShine

eShine Guest

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

What an ass!! As much as I love the clay magic bars, I will be seriously considering using my second favorite bars on a regular basis. I don't believe anyone has the right to monopolize a marketplace in the fashion he has. Great info, Chris. Thanks.

3. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I say he is a bastard since he wont let us state side people have Riccardo :fs:

4. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

This should be made a sticky.

Good read Chris. :thumb:

5. eShine

eShine Guest

I agree, stick this Mr.Nica.

6. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

The guy looks like a dumba$$

7. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I just dont get it. Its clay. Its not nuclear fission.

8. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: worth being a sticky :thumb:

9. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

What a son of a b... No more Clay Magic for me. I won't put one cent of my hard earned money in that bastard's pocket. [​IMG]

10. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

So this means that you could not import Bilt Hamber clay into the USA

I hate clay magic bars with a passion,I find them to be an inferior clay compared to the english made clay bars which only need water as a lube and do not fall to pieces, leaving residue on your finger

11. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Agree - You took the words right out of my mouth...This guy makes me sick...:gross:

12. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

I thought that the US had laws that prevent monopolies, what happened to fair and equal ‘competition’?

13. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Man, screw Auto Wax! I can't wait for 2013...

14. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

If we go and make a strike against AM to not use their clay anymore, what kind of clay and from who can we get it, sine it is impossible for now to get Riccardo clay.

15. Anthony

Anthony Birth of a Detailer

What makes ya'll think that "other" clays said to be manufactured and sold here in the USA aren't in fact AutoMagic bars privately labeled?

Add a color, reduce the abrasives, add more abrasives, add a scent and a new name....but what if it's all AM's??

Early on, soon after I was told Opti-Clay would no longer be sold here in the States in a phone call with Doctor G. I not only stocked up but also made it known that because of this action I would boycott AutoMagic. I no longer buy or use anything they put out, either with their label or privately labeled. So if you wish to send a message and you use AM's products then stop.

Anthony

16. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

Wisely said....I second that.

17. BlueZero

BlueZero Birth of a Detailer

Is there a list of what products he has interest in? Might be nice to have a list so we know what not to buy.

18. eShine

eShine Guest

It's not just a theroy, all clay sold in the USA comes from AWC.

19. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

This isn't very encouraging. What are we going to do. eShine, You seem to have all the facts got any answers...:shrug:

20. eShine

eShine Guest

Not to sound like a wee-wee but we are in Canada. The Patent does not hurt us at all as we only sell in Canada anyhow. Even if I was able to sell in the USA it would not help because all the other vendors in the USA would likely start selling the Yellow clay as they did before the lawsuits. I mean it would be oen thing if Clay Magic sucked nuts but it's not a bad clay, there is no point going on a legal crusade that most companies would lose. All you can do in the USA is buy your clay from this fine gentleman,

[​IMG]