RBOE or Supernatural V2?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by kei169, Apr 16, 2009.

1. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

I just got the RBOE this Wed, havn't gotten a chance to try it out. however, one of my friends is asking me whether i want his SN V2.
    If the V2 is better, i may as well just sell my OE.

Anyone has used both and give me some comment and ur opionion??:worship2::worship2::worship2:

Thanks

2. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Just my humble opinion and I've only used version 1 of Supernatural but Rubbish Boys OE is a better wax. I'll tell you what if you want version 1 I'll trade you mine in the wooden pot for your RBs OE.

3. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Never tried either but I'd be happy to take RBOE off of your hands, LoL.

4. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Dude! Keep the RBOE. It's awesome.

5. GLuXuRy

GLuXuRy Birth of a Detailer

newb question .. whats RBOE ?

6. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Rubbish Boy's Original Edition (a paste carnauba wax).

7. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I like both waxes. Each one has their strengths and weaknesses, each one has a place in my growing collection :)

8. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I have both. I'm torn between which one is better. I love both of them.

9. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

You wound up getting SN V2, right? If so, V2 is far much better than V1 which most of the woodon pots came with. The beading is insane!

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

To each their own. I personally like Supernatural, but will take RBOE over it when it comes to detailing my personal car. Both waxes are nice, SuperNatural is more like Wolfgang Fuzion.

11. pektel

Yessir. I've never even tried V1. It's been a long time since I've used my RBOE (winter wax is Collinite 845), so I can't give a good comparison lookswise as to which is better. SN2 seems to give a wetter look to me though, based on my recollection of RBOE.

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Any pics of the V2 beading?

13. pektel

There will be later on next week. I'm doing a full correction on my personal vehicle. Even wetsanding :eek:

The girlfriend and kid are going out of town for a week. Then I can be in the garage all I want, and not have a crabby girlfriend waiting in the house for me.

14. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

oh!! then i should keep my RBOE.... since i have got the Fuzion....:applause2::applause2::applause2:

15. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

How do you tell the difference between V1 and V2? I have a sample pot from Ben.

16. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

The sample pots now should all be v2. The 200ml pot I have, which is V2, is very grainy and soft. IMO, the V1 wasn't grainy and the consistency was a lil on the hard side. Very tough to explain but a noticable difference between the two.

17. B.Prug87

B.Prug87 Guest

If you like supernatural then why would you rather use RBOE for your personal vehicle?

18. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

I've tried a bunch of waxes over time, and I am now starting to shrink my collection after finding what I like. I would have to say keep the RBOE, much better than SN. Had both versions and I prefer RBOE.

19. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I would if I was you. If you like the wax, you should have at least 1 tub of it in your collection.

I am still not really used to this application, I apply it with my bared hands, which is rather difficult then a foam applicator for me...meaning you will be spending more time waxing your car...and you don't want to make your detailing job any harder then it already is when it comes to detail your customer's cars...

20. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off