Rare Porsche 964 RS Speedster - Swissvax Detail

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Prism, May 18, 2010.

1. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

After attending a Porsche Club meet and demo'ing Swissvax to all the members, I recieved a call from the owner of the car i was demo'ing on asking if i could finish the car off. From what i have been told from the owner there is only 14 of these in right hand drive and only 2 in Yellow which makes this car very rare. The owner didnt really want me to work on the wheels as he has replacements for them and didnt want me touching the roof at all.

How the car turned up:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So i initially rinsed the car, cleaned the alloys with Bilberry Wheel cleaner and the arches/tyres/door shuts and engine bay with APC

Snowfoamed the car (the bonnet and front wings were used for the demo at the meet)

[​IMG]

The car weas rinsed, the washed with Swissvax Car Bath, 2BM with a lambwool wash mitt

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rinsed, the car was detarred with Tardis, rinsed again, then clayed with Swissvax Paint Rubber then washed again. The car was dried using the CG Dryer and Waffle drying towels.

The owner did not want me putting down the roof, so a quick call and he was on his way to do it (good thing he is close by).

Whilst waiting i decided to start to the interior, specifically the leather seats. Using Swissvax Leather Cleaner and a AG magic sponge (an awesome sponge i got from Paul @ Ultimate shine) I started to the seats nice 50/50 shot, top clean the bottom not

[​IMG]

and cleaned the Exhaust with Swissvax Metal Polish and ultra fine steel wool

[​IMG]

Once the roof was down, time to tape the car up and start the correction. I attempted to get pics of the swirls and defects, but struggled being outside and the camera just would not focus on it.

I initially opted for Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Pro, but this did not achieve the disired correction level, so then moved to FCP on a polishing pad and refined with Ultrafina

Once correction was finished the paintwork and alloys were cleansed with Swissvax Cleaner Fluid, removed then Swissvax Mirage applied to the paintwork, Swissvax Autobahn to the alloys, Swissvax Pneu to the tyres, Swissvax Crystal to the windows, Swissvax Nano Express to any exterior trim, the full interior (being all leather) was cleaned with Swissvax Leather Cleaner using the Magic Sponge including round the dials. Interior was hoovered, Seat belts and door pulls were cleaned using Brisk.

The finished results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Owner loved it, says looked better now than when he got it new :thumb:

Thanks again for viewing

Robert

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Turned out very nice. Speedsters are rare. Believe they were only available in 89. What kind of van are you driving?

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

She's a beauty, what a lovely Porsche.

4. Prism

Well I keep getting pockets of info from the owner as he is tracing some history before he got it (he bought it 6 months old), supposidly owned or driven by some racing driver....im sure ill find out more.

AND the van is a Renault Trafic Sport (SWB)

5. detailjohn

detailjohn Detailers Advertising Scheme

They did make a Speedster in '89, but I believe this Speedster is a 93 or 94 the last of the 964 body style.

Nice work getting her all shined up. I haven't seen one of those in a while.

John

6. Jav.STi

Jav.STi Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Nice car! First time I see that model.

And nice work too.

7. Prism

Same for me, well not really. I was asked by Swissvax UK to do a demo day for the local Porsche Dealer who invited Porsche Club UK, I worked on this car as a demo and did a couple of panels, the owner knew he had to get the rest done lol

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Amazing job on a classic Porsche!

9. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

looks great!

10. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

great job. I love those buckets you got, very nice.

11. Beautiful car. Top job :applause: