Race Glaze Wool mitts

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Bunky, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I purchased a couple of Race Glaze wool wash mitts. They are super plush. Now, I just need a little warm weather to try them out.

[​IMG]
    DSC_2345-1

[​IMG]
    DSC_2346-1

2. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

That is one sweet mitt! I just ordered one of these from Ken. I can't wait for it to come in.

It's only 39*F right now. Dont be a pansy! :p:

3. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

They are a great mitt for sure. The fibers tend to clump together after the first wash and lose their majestic look, but they work just the same.

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

those are some nice mitts!

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Thats why you need two. One to wash with and one to sleep with!

6. SeanHfx

SeanHfx Virgin Detailer

I agree. I bought 3 in March from Ken. Quality is A1. I wash the car 2 or 3 times a week, my other mits I bought would only last half a season...these will easily last 2 years+ if you take care of them.

7. Wss03

Wss03 DB Forum Supporter

^Agreed - these put everything I've used in the past to shame.

8. blacK20

blacK20 Birth of a Detailer

I want one... so bad! What do you guys do to minimize the amount of clumping on sheep/wool mitts? All mine end up like that after the first wash.

9. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I had a DI sheep skin mitt after I wash with it I rinse it out with the hose to get loose debris out. I then clean my kitchen sink or bathroom sink and fill it up with hot water and let it float in any particle that are still inside will fall out ( There are particles every time and you will see them in the bottom of the sink after). Remember to flip the mitt around to get the other side. Once it sits in there for about and hour or more I pull it out and ring it out then let it air dry on a flat surface inside my home in a clean non dusty area. The next day once it has fully dried I store it in a plastic storage container so that it doesn't get full of dust particles. Then its ready for the next wash session.

Those RG mitts look great how much do they run?

10. 911Fanatic

They are $19.95CDN and shipping to Texas for the mitt would be around $9 or so.

11. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Awesome when I am in the market for one I'll be picking up this from you thanks. I have a list of new products that I intend on purchasing and this is now on my list:)

12. impakt

impakt DB Forum Supporter

I picked one up from Ken a few months ago, and I used it for the first time 2 weeks ago. Very different from the uber sponge (MUCH MORE MASSIVE) but i loved it.

13. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

To keep it in tip shape get a pet hair comb and use ti to brush the mitt after dried. This will remove any knots or tangles also fluff it up again.

Also, what is best way to wash right now i just rinse out in the sink with warm water and some CG MF wash that i just spray onto it.

14. Bunky

Bunky Guest

Now, I am sure there will be a $15.95 lambs wool mitt brush for sale soon !

15. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Well you are in luck, I have a BNIB quality imported lambs wool brush for sale, only $19.99 shipped!:yikes:

16. Bunky

Bunky Guest

Here is an update.

I got a chance to use my new Race Glaze mitts today. They did not disappoint. When you insert in the soap bucket, it sucks up just over 1/4 gallon of water. It glided smoothly across the paint and could unload a lot of suds before you put the mitt against the paint. It seemed to rinse ok but hard to inspect since the mitt is maroon and quite dense.

After the wash, the rinse bucket seemed to have a slight tint so I think maroon color ran and there were a few maroon hairs in the bucket. When I used it again on the second car after rinsing it thoroughly I did not notice any tinted or additional hairs.

It was a bit thick to push under door pulls and when squeezed unloaded a lof ot soap.

17. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Those are nice. I got a black and blue from Ken, but have not tried them yet.

18. 911Fanatic

Are you kidding? I sent those to you months ago! :shakehead:

19. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I know, I know. Between my new job, new baby, and the freakin rain, I have only washed my car 2x in the last 3 months. :shrug: