Qustion about bissell little green

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by someguy1.8t, May 7, 2010.

1. someguy1.8t

someguy1.8t Virgin Detailer

I read the thread here about the bissell cleaners, the automobile little green proheat and the little green proheat. I have an opportunity to buy the regular little green "non" proheat. Is there a big difference between this one and the other two? Do any of you have and use this one and would you recommend it?
    thanks everyone. Any info would be helpful.

Heres the link
    BISSELL - Little Green Compact Multipurpose Handheld Deep Cleaner - Green - 14007

Sorry about link you might have to copy and paste

2. AZN_C300

AZN_C300 Birth of a Detailer

Proheat makes all the difference in the world on LGMs IMO

3. Bunky

Bunky Guest

What is the next best machine above the LGM? I want something with a larger tank.

4. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I have the LGM with heat and it works very well for the price of entry. Although it has so-so extraction power, it's abilities are still far greater than working by hand and makes the job much easier as well. The tank is a bit small but it is pretty easy to dump out continuously if needed and I am in the process of building a way for the waste water/solution to be routed to a larger tank.

It has lasted through many nasty interiors for me, I recommend it if you are in need of a basic extractor and don't get a massive volume of details.

5. durabio

durabio Birth of a Detailer

I bought a non-heat LGM on craigslist. Its definitely not what I was expecting. I would imagine that the heated unit would make a difference. The tank on my unit gets all this black water, but I see very little physical differences in what I'm using it for.

6. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Why would heat make a big difference? Would a 5.5hp shop vac be as good or better then a LGM?

7. christian900se

I have a 5 hp Shop Vac and find that it can do a great job extracting water from carpets and can also satify your needs of an all purpose vacuum which the LGM cannot. In my experience, heat seems to help in removing tough stains when paired with a decent carpet cleaner compared to non-heated carpet cleaning solutions but the difference is negligable in most cases.

8. someguy1.8t

someguy1.8t Virgin Detailer

Thanks everyone, your input has been helpful

9. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

The heated version is not worth it . . . . . why you ask? Well the heated version isnt even close to anything like a professional grade extractor. It really isn't a water heater so to speak but a water warmer. It only heats tap water up to 25 degrees.

straight from the bissel site:

" Built in Heater heats tap water up to 25 degrees hotter "

You are beter off just getting the LGM and filling your tank with hot water of your own.

Save the extra few bucks IMO.

10. christian900se

Yup, that and the heating units are notorious for failing prematurely. I do have to say though that one of the big factors in how well any wet vac or water extractor works is the quality or design of the extraction head used. I ghetto rigged my LGM with a nicer extraction head and it really made a big different over the stock accessories.

11. MRSHINE

MRSHINE Any Rag Vehicle Washer

It's not meant to be like a professional grade extractor that's why it's priced the way it's priced. I have one and it does the job it is supposed to do for that price range,if you think it supposed to do the job of a professional extractor then your fooling your self. For the price it's worth it!!!!

12. Carbon

Carbon DB Forum Supporter

I have a Mytee Machine and the LGM and the 200 degree of the heat does help alot, but the basic LGM does a good job for only being like 70 bucks. I do not think the proheat is worth it though since it doesn't heat the water that well and suction I think is the same.

Rich