Quick Review: Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by dday, Mar 26, 2011.

1. dday

dday Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I recently picked up some Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical after hearing good things about it. I can say now that everything I heard was true. This is labeled as a quick detailer but as many people will point out it's really more of a spray sealant.

Smell: Coconuts, like many other Dodo products it smells awesome

Ease of Use: I sprayed directly onto a soft MF towel and wiped on to the car, at first it looks like it's almost smearing onto the paint but then disappears as you wipe it on. Overall very easy to use.

Results: I apologize for only having iphone picture but my SLR battery was dead. I was extremely impressed with the results I got with this product though and it now has a permanent place in my detailing supplies. It added a crazy amount of gloss to the paint and maid the metallic pop. I'll let the picture do the talking

Value: At $17 for 250ml it seems expensive at first but a couple small sprays will cover a good size area, the whole hood probably only used 5-6 sprays. The bottle still looked full after doing the entire car. Overall def worth the money

[​IMG]

2. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

looks good

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Its looks great! Has the car had a two step done prior? What type of base did the car have?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

4. dday

Did 2 step polish last weekend and sealed with 1Z Glanz. However the very next day after detailing it snowed. Gave it a wash today and it looked good but had been wanting to test this product out. I wasn't planning on doing a writeup but it looked so good I felt it was worth sharing. The red mist took it from looking good to great IMO.

5. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Very nice car. The red mist looks like it took the Glanz up a notch!

6. dday

It definitely did, I also have some Dodo Juice Supernatural I'll be trying out once it warms up a bit more. It was only 38 degrees out today so waxing didn't seem like a great idea.

7. SRM06Goat

SRM06Goat Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Red mist is by far my favorite detailer.. DODO make everything great...

8. dday

I've liked most of what I've tried from them, though I'm on the fence with "Born Slippy" it's a good clay lube but it can foam up a bit, it also seems to be very finicky if the paint even gets a little bit warm.

In the fall I put a coat of Blue Velvet Pro on the car and it looked amazing, any other Dodo Products you'd recommend personally?

9. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Nice review thanks for sharing, I always wondered about getting red mist now I am considering it more.

10. ToadHollow

ToadHollow Any Rag Vehicle Washer

NICE!
    Been using the Red Mist for over a year now and also am impressed with it.

11. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Nice review and pictures. The Red Mist really is a fantastic-looking spray sealant. It is expensive up front, but it is worth the price because I can easily do my small 4-door car (including all the glass) with less than an ounce of product.

12. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

loved red mist... ONLY thing that sucked is that it attracted dust and pollen really bad

13. dday

It's interesting you say that, I did notice the car looked dusty this morning, but it's also they time of year that pollen starts to become an issue.

14. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

my guessing is that it has to do with the oils in it... like i said it was my only complaint