Quick look at SON1C Wax ProtoWax 93

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by fastlanedetailing, May 27, 2014.

1. fastlanedetailing

fastlanedetailing New Member

Today i was going through some of the supplies laying around and came across my detail box from the month of May from detailbox.com. I did have the opportunity to try out some of the products i have receieved but there was one product which was left on the back burner, SON1C Wax ProtoWax 93. I decided to finally open up the miniature jar that i receieved and was greeted with an overwhelmingly delicious smell. This product fills the room what to me smells like a mixutre of cherry and bubblegum.

NOW lets get onto my first impressions from this product.

SO i decided to test this product on a brand new 2014 BMW 328i X drive Mineral White (I believe). The car was recently cleaned and barely driven so I used Ultima Waterless Wash to clean the panel followed up by a 60/40 IPA/distilled water wipedown to remove any protection on the trunk lid. After figuring out how to fit my foam applicator pad best into the tiny jar, I learned that this tiny jar may be enough to do a full car and then some!! The product spreads extremely easy and covers a large area with very little product. After applying the product to the trunk lid i grabbed a clean MF towel and buffed it off. Removal of the product was just as easy as the application.

Tempted to try and eat some of the wax i set down the jar and grabbed a spray bottle filled with water and tested to see the type of beads this product produces. I found the beads to be pretty tight and consitant in size (However, not as good as PNS). (Photo Below)

FINAL THOUGHTS:
    This product i found to be comparable to Chemical Guys Pete's 53. The fact that i could apply it in a wipe on and wipe off manner i like very much and LOVE how far the product spreads. I think eventually i will pick up a jar of this product once my jar of Pete's 53 is done.

Unfortuently, I can not give any durability claims to this product but i would like to have feedback on durability of this particular product.

Thanks for reading and more reviews to come!

Matt Cascello

Fast Lane Detailing
    Freehold, NJ
    https://www.facebook.com/FastLaneDetailingService

[​IMG][​IMG]