Quick Detailers?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by P1et, Oct 29, 2007.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I am almost out of Poorboys S&W and S&G and looking for suggestions on what everyone likes. Personally, I love the Poorboys Quick Detailers.

Let's have some suggestions though!

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Personaly I'm not a fan of QD, this is just me but I don't really have much faith on them. I'm very interested what others will say about certain QD though.

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I am with you on this one nica, not a big fan of qd. I have used Crystall Mist twice( old version), now it is my wheel cleaner after going out for a drive. I did buy my brother the Poorboys and I must say that stuff is very nice. I have always believed in polish/wax after washing.

4. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

So far I have only used Meguiar's and DP four in one QD mix. Right now I just use DP four in one for a drying aid :)

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

There are very many that are good. My favorites are Finish Kare 425 ($27 a gallon) - antistatic, helps with drying. I ONLY USE QD TO AID WITH DRYING A VEHICLE, NOT TO WIPE OFF DUST.
    Another nice one is ClearKote QuikShine. Pops flakes, gives a bright finish. $40 a gallon.
    Last one is the most expensive - Pinnacle Crystal mist (I only have old formula). Has carnauba, works well, makes look just waxes. But it's not antistatic like FK425.

Out of all, I use FK425 more often then others, it's my favorite one for the buck.

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Ah, good point Supercharged about using the QDONLY to help with the drying of the vehicle, can't say I've ever used a QD to help dry the vehicle but worth a try.

I can't recall if I have any QD but I'll get some and give that a try...nice tip :thumb: thank you fo sharing.

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Yes, I should have clarified that. I use QD after drying the car to make sure it's looking perfect, or when I'm doing the door jams etc.

8. distrbd

distrbd New Member

Duragloss aquawax mixed with Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine Detail Spray #921
    70/30 ( 30 parts of aw)

9. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

you are welcome! It is trully rewarding when owning a black car.

10. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I dont have time to wash my car any more so ALL I USE is QDs and Waterless washes for my car. Yes I have not washed the M5 since I bought it! aaaaaand its black......

I use ONE for the waterless washes and either FK425 and CG SQD to clean light dusting. Im sure its leaving marring but from the time I save on full washes I can polish it a little more often.

FK425 is slicker than SQD. But SQD streaks less, is 18 bucks a gallon, and works better at repelling dust. I also use SQD as clay lube, and I know ORNGEZ uses it for WINDOWS?!?!?!

I also used CG speed shine QD and works similar to FK425 but does NOT have Anti static but repels more dust than F425.