Quick Before and After: Headlights

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Joshs2013MSAltimaSL, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Hey all!

A good friend of mine was in town this weekend and I noticed how badly oxidized and discolored his headlights were. Since it's been raining here in FL for the past few days...I figured being able to see in front of you is probably pretty important.

Just a quick before and after. Each light was wetsanded with 2000 grit wet/dry paper and then compounded twice with M105 and an orange CCS pad, and then followed up with one pass of M205 on a white LC CCS pad. All done via PC.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

I then sealed them with AG HD wax to keep them from discoloring again...or at least prolong it.

Thanks for looking!!

2. obsidian LGT

obsidian LGT Birth of a Detailer

Nice turnaround!

3. AndyThomason

AndyThomason Any Rag Vehicle Washer

That was very thoughtful of you! Haha :)

4. Thanks guys!!

5. ACE2790

ACE2790 Jedi Nuba

Although they will hold for now, the AG Wax won't be permanent. It might list 6-8 months, but you'll need to do something else to keep them from discoloring, but they turned out great and that was nice of you!

6. Yeah...the key to keeping them in that condition is to regularly keep them protected. Of course something like getting them wrapped would be more permanent, that's just not feasible on his car. As long as he waxes them...they should be fine or at least not discolor as quickly.

7. ACE2790

ACE2790 Jedi Nuba

After I refinish headlights I just hit them with two light coats of rattle can clear coat. A quick wet sand again and a final polish and that will last a couple years, if not longer.