1. shadybreal

shadybreal Two Bucket System Washer

I've got a few questions about polishing, so I figured I'd put them in one post.

Menzerna users:

Can I follow SIP w/ APO60 to remove any marring and give more gloss? I know 106 is recommended, but sometimes there are clients who don't want to spend 300 bucks. Or should I only polish w/ 106 then APO and when the owner ask why I didn't get more blimishes out, tell them because you didn't want to spend the money. LOL!

Does APO help remove the SIP or 106 polish residue left behind?

I polished a black GMC 1500 the other day and wax w/ Collinite 845. I went back to wash it Friday and it didn't get hardly any beading. It was cool when I polished the truck and I didn't do a ISO wipedown. Could the Collinite not of bonded?

When using SIP w/ blue EDGE wool, I got a great deal of correcting but w/ the expected haze. I then followed w/ white pad and 106. Does this sound okay or should I have done SIP w/ foam in between? The owner was very pleased.

Product Selections:

I work in south Georgia and it gets hot and humid here. I do most of my work outside so I sometimes need a polish routine that will work anywhere. Any suggestions?

Examples: Meg 83, 80, 66, LSP
    Meg 83, 66, LSP
    Others?

I really intersted in trying the System One polish. Has anyone used it in full sun?

Sorry for so many questions.

2. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

The Blue edge wool is pretty much on the mild side. I use the green wool allot and there are no issues following with 106ff on a white pad.

If you can get your hands on some Presta 1500 it is the perfect polish for the green and blue wool pads.

My usual is:

Presta 1500 with green wool at 1500 on the metabo.
    Either 106ff, ZPC or Ultra fina with a white pad.

Help I helped with one of your questions.

3. shadybreal

Thanks for such a quick response. I've got the following Presta products: Cut Creme Light, Swirl Remover, and Auroua 1500.

4. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

The only Auroua product I see on the Malco site is the Auroua 3000 glaze

Are you sure its not Presta 1500 or Chroma 1500? If its presta 1500, it will be green in color.

5. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I used SIP and PO85RD last week on my car. I really liked the 85rd. It really finished out nice. Nice n glossy.

6. shadybreal

I went to the truck and got it and it's Chroma 2000. I got it one time by mistake when trying to get the Swirl Remover. It says Chroma 2000 Cleaner/Glaze and contains no wax or silicone. Designed to remove 2000 Grit sand scratches, heavy swirls, and micro scratches. You familar w/ it?