Question regarding opti-seal and powerlock

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Holden, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Holden

Holden DB Forum Supporter

Can I do a one step using poli-seal and then GO STRAIGHT to topping with menzerna powerlock? I ask because I just want to maximize protection. If an ipa wipedown is needed, wouldn't it defeat the purpose of poli-seal (as it's an aio) and just use menzerna powerfinish as a one-step? I'm aware powerfinish probably has more cut but my vehicle only has minor imperfections from normal washing (foam cannon/2 bucket method). I'm just interested if I can go straight from poli-seal to powerlock without any bonding issues. Thanks!

2. Holden

Correction in title thread: I meant poli-seal and not opti-seal. Optimum products confuse me sometimes :shead:

3. Holden

Anyone tried this combo?

4. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

I've done it once, although I haven't checked up with the customer to see how well its holding up. The car takes a fair amount of abuse so it won't last as long naturally. I see no issue with it though

5. Holden

Thanks! I'm just hoping that poli-seal will do some cut on my 12' gti (candy white) since it has a hard clear. I'm thinking a uber green should suffice. I'll have to test it out and see. I have a griot's DA.