question about cleaning the rims on my F 350 pickup

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by trhland, Apr 2, 2013.

1. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

okay guys I've been using wheel cleaner to clean my rims the rims are perfect the only problem is the barrels I not going to be taking the wheels off what would be the best way to clean the barrels I've used brushes ect l.was thinking about using find steel wall and jam in my hand in there and buffing away.I don't want to use any acid because I do not want to get it on my high and wheelsany help would be greatly appreciated thank you

2. InsanePaint

InsanePaint Pro Detailer

3. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

Unless your wheels are non-coated alloy, I don't think you'll have any issues using wheel acid if you do things cautiously. Any chance of posting a pic to see how bad the barrels are? Alot of times a strong APC with some aggitation will do the trick if you can access them. What brushes are you using? Phil sells the wheel Woolies and they work wonders.

4. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

you guys are the best I will try those few steps

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I agree with David. On coated wheels, I have yet to see a properly diluted wheel acid do damage IF YOU FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. We're guys. Had to put that in.

6. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

Agreed. I've been using Wheel Brightener for a couple years now and never yet have I had an issue.

7. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Damn Tom, you havent posted here in a while. How ya been?