Quality Hose Reel With Wheels

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by boredstudent3, Jun 5, 2012.

1. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

Hi guys

I'm looking for a quality hose reel with wheels

I currently don't have one and my hose is just tucked away in the garage

I want one with wheels so that I can move it around with ease

It also has to be sturdy (metal construction over plastic)

What reels have you guys used and like? A link to the product would be great also.

Thanks.

2. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

There is only one that I recommend. I got this through Phil and it is awesome. worth every penny http://www.rapidreel.com/product/wheeled-cart-garden-hose-reel/

3. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

I bought my RapidReel (didn't realize Phil sold it :sorry:) when Rwisejr showed off his in a thread.

Lots of cash for a simple task, but it is SO worth it. I might buy another one for my parent's house (I wash their cars there often).

4. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Damn i always wondered where people get those from. I was thinking about one for my van setup.

5. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

I used to use one of those Rapid Reels at work all the time. They definitely can take some abuse. Only problem is making sure you don't wrap the hose tightly, or water won't run through it without taking the whole hose off the reel. Just reel it up with the water still turned on to keep the pressure in the hose.

6. boredstudent3

i remember your thread now, located here: http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/tools-accessories/24487-new-addition.htm

thank you for the recommendation.

how does the exterior paint hold up on the frame components? are the exposed frame and reel components painted or powder coated?

i just hope it doesn't chip and flake off.

thank you. sent you a PM.

thank you for the tip and heads up notice...:)

7. rwisejr

The thing is built like a tank . No chipping or flaking. It is powder coated . One of the best purchases I have made. Money well spent. I use a black Rubber hose and have not had any problem with water flow. I wrap tightly all the time.

8. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Yup, I have a Goodyear 50ft hose with mine.

It matches the short spicket to reel hose perfectly.

[​IMG]

9. boredstudent3

sweet! thanks for the help guys.

i'm sold on the unit...now time to gather a little more money for it...as i didn't plan to spend this dollar amount.

:)

10. rwisejr

Yep thats the same hose I have !!

11. Mr. Sparkle

Mr. Sparkle DB Pro Supporter

another vote for the rapid reel

mine doesn't have wheels, but its mounted on two short lenghts of 2x4 which makes it easy to take in & out of the truck to hook up at clients house

12. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

Rapid Reel looks nice and pricey. I thought my mechanic's chair was pricey.

13. boredstudent3

speaking of chair, i need to get one as well with quality caster wheels and cushion seat...hehe

14. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

this thing is a tank. i found one on sale and saved even more. it is so good i would have paid retail. bought another just to run a larger inside diameter hose for my big pressure washer. american quality to the max

15. rwisejr

16. boredstudent3

Where did you find it on sale Dave?

The resemblance is very close

But for a difference of $30, I'll just go with the recommendations provided in this thread and get the rapid reel when I got all the money saved up

Thank you for the help guys!

17. rwisejr

Its a copy and its made of steel versus the high quality aluminum of the rapidreel. The reel locking mechanism looks cheaply done as well.

18. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

Time for working on a good rationale to pay $200 for it.

19. rwisejr

Trust me its worth every penny !!!!

20. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

i got it at a local hardware store in eugene, oregon. last one on the shelf type of thing. i believe they stopped carrying them and i got the second one from their factory direct. honestly this and the metro master blaster are the best built tools i use. i have probably gone through 15 or 20 cheap plastic and aluminum ones in my life.