QD's Altering Unique Look Of High End Nubas?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by DieselMDX, Jan 27, 2009.

1. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

I recently have had a chance to use Zymol Vintage which btw is AMAZING. I followed the common practice of using a QD (zymol field glaze) after application to remove the oils from out gassing.

What was interesting to me was that after I apply all my high end nubas which range from souveran to zymol and swissvax they all have the unique look that draws us to these high priced items BUT after using ANY QD they alter the look of the wax used.

Vintage has a very unique look but after using FG the look was altered imo it looked more sealant like than nuba like. I have also had this problem when using Opt QD and FK1 425.

thoughts?

2. Nica

Nica Banned

hmm...can't say I've noticed Field Glaze do that when I apply Vintage...I wold have to agree though it seems to give it more of a shine rather then a glow...but I'm still pleased with the carnauba glow it gives off after the Field Glaze wipe down...mmm..I'll have to pay close attention next time I use Field Glaze, it's been a wile since I've used it.

3. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

I always try to use the same brand QD as LSP I am using

Although I plan on using crystal mist next to see if there is a difference

4. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

Bump, I was just thinking of this

I use Swissvax, and I just ran across something on autopia that sayed Adam's Detail Spray has silicones in it. I really want to steer clear off putting any silicone on my Paint, especially after a high priced nuba like Swissvax, the silicone robs the paint of the depth and glow, and gives it a more plastic look. Notice I didn't say it gave the whole car a plastic look as if I'd done a sealant, but it's just not the same after a wash and Adam's Detail spray wipedown.

thoughts?