Protection for Ventureshield

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by bvhbmw, Mar 30, 2011.

1. bvhbmw

bvhbmw Birth of a Detailer

I have recently learned that 3M recommends using 3M Performance Finish car wax as a protectant on Ventureshield film. Performance Finish is a silicone-based LSP. Previously, Ventureshield was recommending Plexus plastic spray, but there have been some cases of yellowing with Plexus. I am now switching to Performance Finish. It will be the only silicone-based product in my inventory or on my car.

Thought you'd like to know.

2. AZN_C300

AZN_C300 Birth of a Detailer

Opti-Seal on my clear bra and have had no issues.

3. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Menz Power Lock

4. bvhbmw

bvhbmw Birth of a Detailer

I understand that it's possible to put nearly anything on Ventureshield, but 3M recommends only one product at this time - I know it's theirs, but I have never known 3M to wrongly recommend a product for marketing reasons that underperforms. The Performance Finish is under $12 per 16oz. bottle, so it's not a bank-breaker. My Ventureshield installer says he has seen many applications start to turn brown due to the wrong LSP being used. It's more apparent on lighter color cars.

5. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Premier offers a cleaner and sealant specifically for paint protection film.