Proper Tire Shine Application, What way do you perfer?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by eacmonroe, Nov 26, 2012.

1. eacmonroe

eacmonroe Virgin Detailer

So ive been detailing for a while now and have seen plenty of products on the market for tire/rubber enhancement. From Water based vs silicone based, Gel vs Aerosol, Spray and pray vs 100 different applicators. My question is what is you favorite and how do you apply it. And also, how durable is this and do you ever find it "slinging" off the tires when you drive. Input in 3....2.....1....GO!

2. fellowsdrake

fellowsdrake Two Bucket System Washer

Personally right now I use 303 with a microfiber. I use the microfiber cause it doesnt leave behind any fuzzies. Spray the towel, wipe it down. I don't spray the tire because its a lot of chemical and when I drive it slings it up onto my fenders, fenders then have these spots of dirt that collected. That and brake dust collects on the wheels.

Going to use adams VRT when 303 runs out.

3. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

i use meg hyper and scrub it into the crevices with a tuff shine brush then wipe with an old microfiber. sometimes i will put a coat of high shine on if customer wants it. i do this right after washing since the tires are dried by the blower and the spring covers go over the tires before polish. seems like a lot but it is a system now for me.

4. JOMAX

JOMAX Two Bucket System Washer

I used hyper dressing 4:1 and use an air brush to apply, prefect coverage , no sling, pretty fun and works great. But you do need an air compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using
    TapTalk
    2000 Black DRW F-350
    Gauges, DP tuner, ported housing, T-500:evil:, JW VB, 5in turbo back, hutch/harpoon mod, 6.0 IC, tru cool tranny cooler, etc

5. eacmonroe

eacmonroe Virgin Detailer

This is what i am seeing as the most popular method for everything! Do you directly spray the brush or do you have a bucket you "dip" the brush into?