Project Cars?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by luke093, Aug 14, 2011.

1. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

While still not official I'm going to purchase my cousins IS300 very soon. She was going to sell it last year, but held onto it. 108k on the clock and I'm thinking its time to do something.

Im going to university, but I have quite a bit of savings for my age (my goal was to buy a newer car and daily drive it), but having a daily driver is useless since I'm living on campus and everything is walking distance, or 10min bus tops.

I'm getting the car for less than half of its real value and it would be a great weekend "fun" car. So I'm thinking BOOST!

Do you have a project or weekend car? What is it?

2. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

98 Impreza 2-door with a swapped 2.0 Version 4 close deck STI engine. Weekend toy. 99% complete ... needs paint. Co-owned with one of my closest friends.

I'm slowly getting into the Subby scene. Love their engineering ... but hate the fact that you need midget hands to work on them.

3. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Very nice Luke, I was looking into getting a IS300 this year but didn't because my dad won't allow me to buy a car yet. They Is300's have 2JZ engines and can take unlimited modding. All the parts in the engine and transmission are forged so all you really need is to buy a boost kit and other performance parts and your good for a weekend track car.

4. luke093

Well not so much. The GE engine is ok up to around 400 at the crank. Anything more and you want to do a GTE bottom end from the Supra. Then another limit is the stock auto and manual which stock can take 300. Built auto can take near 400. An again anything more and you want to get the V160 from the Supra. My goal is to make this into a 4 door supra ;) without the engine swap.

5. luke093

^^ turns out my cousin doesn't want to sell the car... Guess I'll keep saving!

6. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Well, some may have heard/read/seen a little something about my pride and joy. For those who haven't, I have a 1992 JDM RHD RX-7 that is currently being built up to be a time attack/track car. 2011 is the last year it will be road legal and plated. Afterwards, it should be completely dedicated to racing. I also have a 2011 Scion tC2, which is my DD, but I'm sure most don't care about that. :p

For now, here are a few things I have done to the car:

-Completely stripped out and gutted
    -AC Delete
    -Air Pump Delete
    -Block off Plates
    -HKS SSQV blow off valve
    -Downpipe
    -Midpipe
    -Mazdaspeed Exhaust w/restriction plate
    -Custom air intakes
    -HSD 16 way adjustable coilover w/ 12Kg/mm fr. and rr.
    -front and rear Mazdaspeed strut bars
    -Enkei RPF1 wheels, in 17 x 9 +22 offset in all 4 corners
    -Hankook RS-3 tires in 255/40R17 in all 4 corners
    -Feed Type II R front bumper
    -Custom FEED carbon fiber fenders
    -Feed side steps
    -Dual halo headlights
    -Battery relocation in a Taylor box
    -Car used to be automatic and I have converted it to a 5-speed
    -Spec stage III 6-puck clutch
    -Act Lightweight flywheel with counterweight
    -B&M short shifter
    -Prosport gauges
    -Mazdaspeed steering wheel and shift knob
    -Sparco racing seat (not in yet, waiting on brackets)

[​IMG]

7. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

More pics Joey, more pics

8. JoeyV

This is the only picture of it in the most recent set-up, I have older ones, but the car has changed so much. I'll see if I can take a few more today. Maybe take some "Beauty and the Beast" style pictures with Phil.P's car, the white 180SX. Would be sweet:)

9. JoeyV

More pictures by popular demand. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)