Product showcase Auto Finesse Iron Out - On wheels

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by James B, Nov 20, 2012.

1. James B

James B DB Certified Manufacturer

Iron out is our spray on contamination remover designed for use on paintwork to remove iron contamination. Prior to the claying stage these can dramatically reduce the claying stages and the amount of contamination still present by that stage. When used prior to claying it also helps reduce the risk of marring as it removes the harshest and most abrasive contaminants without agitation, with its main active ingredient braking them down prior to this stage. But it also doubles up as a very effective deep cleaner for your wheels:

[​IMG]

When applied the product will react with the contamination and break dust within seconds. The advantage this product has over some similar products on the market is its gel like viscosity, aiding it to cling and dwell for longer periods, making it more effective, reducing the amount used (rather than it running off the surface on to the ground) and aiding application on tricky designs. Iron Out is also safe on all types of wheel from painted (like in the pictures) to chrome, anodised and polished finishes (although we always recommend testing in any case before proceeding with the full wheel, to check compatibility with your wheels individual finish)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once left for around 2-5 minutes to fully dwell, simply rinse with pressure washer:

[​IMG]

This should give results similar to this:

[​IMG]

Then followed by going over with a brush and shampoo to get in all the tight areas leaving the following result:

[​IMG]

We hope this thread has been informative and possibly inspired you to detail your own car, if you have any questions or comments on the product or process in this showcase please feel free to ask, and if you have some results of your own to show with Iron Out please feel free to join in and post them up in this thread.

James

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

3. EbbeJ

EbbeJ Jedi Nuba

Looks good James, would Iron Out have any ill effect on bare aluminum wheels?

Btw. you wouldn't have any photos of the car in total? Do you have any info on the wheels?

Kind regards,

Ebbe

4. JBlack151

JBlack151 Birth of a Detailer

I have nothing but great things to say about the AF Iron Out. Once I got the chance to use it on some nasty wheels and saw how great it worked, I was hooked. Also works great for the pre-clay (or Autoscrub) stages as mentioned above.

Thank you to Auto Finesse for a great product. Thank you Phil for always shipping it out to me so quickly!

5. rjd598

rjd598 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

impressive

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Does it have the same stink as Iron X?

7. JBlack151

The stink is definitely there as always with any "iron" products but I feel the AF Iron Out isn't as bad compared to the Aquartz Iron Cut I've used.

8. JBlack151

I'll share a few pics of my results with AF Iron Out from a recent detail on a MB S550

Before

[​IMG]

Working it's magic

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. James B

James B DB Certified Manufacturer

Thanks, im glad you like it, and good to hear Phil looks after you for your AF needs :)

Unfortunately its the nature of the beast with these products, the active ingredient that makes it so good makes it stink like something rotten. Think your self lucky you don't have a factory full of it mixing and filling in to bottles. It was run today (kind of what prompted me to do the showcase) and now the whole place will stink for days.

Yes its my daily hack, 03 E46 330Ci good fun on these wet british roads :D the wheels are style 32s and its static on coils:

[​IMG]

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Car looks awesome James!

11. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

looking forward to try it out!