Product Review: Prima Infinity Trim and Tire Cream

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by dblackn, Jun 29, 2012.

1. dblackn

dblackn Two Bucket System Washer

So I was running low on my CG Extreme VRP, I had experienced some streaking and blotting so I did some research for a new dressing. I love all Prima products so I check DB and saw a post that Prima was coming out with Prima Infinity Trim and Tire Cream, so I brought it, below is my review.

View attachment 5174

Car is 1997 Nissan Pathfinder I recently got to go offloading its in pretty bad shape.
    View attachment 5175
    Prepped with Zep citrus 1:1, let it dwell rinsed and repeated then let it dry. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341027188.240697.jpg
    A little goes a long way, I used about that amount 4 times.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341027565.319453.jpg
    It dried fairly quickly and I rubbed my finger on it and it didn't feel greasy or tacky. I added some water to see if it added some protection. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341027762.369583.jpg
    It beaded more than the untreated side.

This was a pic taken on 6/18
    View attachment 5190
    As you can see it faded a little but I think if I went back the next day after my initial application it would have not faded like it did it was really hot and this car doesn't see a garage ever.

Took this pic on 6/24 it rained hard I went out side to get some thing and liked the beading
    View attachment 5191

This is a pic taken on 6/29
    View attachment 5192
    As you can see its faded a little more but it still really dark and I think if I were to wash the car it would look even still.

Overall I think it's a great product it last a pretty long time I don't have much experience with alot of other dressing just Meg's and CG. In my opinion the "blackness" last longer, I think it would have looked more even on 6/18 if I went back in my initial application and re applied so it would absorb more but for how little product I used I'm happy with the outcome.

Thanks for reading!

Attached Files:

2. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

thanks for posting a review of the product!

nice pics to document the application and durability.

3. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the review and photos. It would be nice to see an update after a month or so. I also hope someone will post a comparison with CarPro PERL.

4. dblackn

I'm going to update in a week then I'm going to wash and reapply.

5. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

You need to post to Photobucket.

6. dblackn

I have a Flickr? Why photobucket?

7. belair

belair Birth of a Detailer

There's no problem seeing the photos.

8. dblackn

Ok so we had some rain last night I woke up today and saw beading and took my phone out, this stuff is still holding up!
    Photos taken on 07/10
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341975795.532871.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

9. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Because it's a pain to click on the photos and then clicking back and forth. I do thank you for taking the time to post.

10. dblackn

Quick update this dressing is still dark looking it's faded on top but it still looks great from a far the car is dirty, this pic taken on 7/23 View attachment 5248

Attached Files:

11. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

so aout 1 month durability from 6/18 to 7/23

thanking you for following up with the thread and keeping us updated.

12. dblackn

Yea actually I just noticed I didn't post a the date in which I initially started the test, I started this on 06/10.

13. dblackn

So I washed my pathfinder today and the Prima is still protecting and its still darkening the plastic, it faded a bit and its almost gone on the top surface. Here are the pics. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347838215.690544.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

how does this perform on tires?

15. dblackn

I have not done a true test on the tires yet I'll will soon. When I use it I just reapply I haven't done a full deep clean yet. But it's does repel water and give a nice dark look to it, I'll have to test to see how long it last

16. Kilo6_one

i am at the end of my Opti-bond and looking for a replacement to try something new.......... I would use it mostly ontires. Im a big fan of Black wow for trim

17. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

You like Black Wow better than Ultima Tire and Trim Guard?

18. Kilo6_one

Never used Ultima Tire and Trim.

19. dblackn

Kilo I can send you a sample, so you can see if you like it first.

20. Kilo6_one

Boredstudent is sending me one, does prima sell it in a gallon size? Just incase I like it lol.