Problems with Dell

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Reflect, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

So far they have delayed the delivery date of my computer twice since I first ordered it. I threatened this time to involve a lawyer if they didn't get the ball rolling on this computer. It's not like I ordered some aftermarket stuff for them to install on it, it was all done under their build system and the parts should have been in stock. I am madddd.

2. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

I hate Dell! I will never give them my money again! The customer service is absolutely terrible!
    I'm finished....

You should've bought an Apple.

Now I'm finished.

3. Bob

Bob Birth of a Detailer

Why threaten with a lawyer? Just cancel the order and go buy a different machine. Dell USED to be good. Now they are no better, sometimes worse, than any HP or Acer you can get at Best Buy.

And Hum-Benz is right, their service is HORRIBLE now-a-days. Not worth it in my eyes.

4. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Agreed. I have dealt with Dell in the past(2 computers from them and one from Alienware, which is a division of Dell (one of the biggest mistakes of my life). You could've walked into an Apple store and walked out with a brand new computer right away that's ready to be used.

5. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Wow, I'm shocked to here these negative remarks. I have had nothing but good luck and great customer service...Maybe I'm just the lucky one...:shrug:

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

That's unfortunate that you're having such a horrible experience with Dell. However, I like my XPS M1330 better than what Apple or any other company has to offer concerning laptops. The only other laptop brands I would purchase would be Asus or MSI.

7. scot_w

scot_w Birth of a Detailer

I order literally hundreds of computers from Dell and have only had a few delays, but certainly nothing like what you seem to be experiencing.

When you log into your account, what is the status of your order? Is it past kiting?

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

As an ex-Dell guy, I can assure you that Dell has spent a lot of money in recent time to improve their customer service and tech service departments. I have four Dell PCs at my house and they are all running fantastically, never had any issues with them. My brother has an Apple Mac Pro and he's had nothing but trouble with it. Kept crashing, hanging, you name it. My wife has a newer Apple Macbook and it's incredibly slow, and has crashed quite a few times.

Now, I'm not dogging on Apple or saying that Dell is the best. However, many people make it seem like Apple is perfect and it's far from it. I love my AppleTV but that thing crashes and hangs more than anything, no matter how many times I update the software.

<END RANT>

Now, as far as your Dell is concerned, it's probably either a PART SHORTAGE or your machine has repeatedly failed the testing phase. A normal customer care person will NOT be able to see this when you call them, so you have to ESCALATE. All they will see is that your machine is on HL.

9. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

Never had a problem with them. I have bought 3 desktops in the last few years that "I built" like you did. Also looking to buy 2 refurbished laptops from the outlet here soon!

IBM had this problem a while ago to so its ever company that has its "bad moments/times"

10. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Well I agree about the Apple TV mine is a piece of shit. But I have never had a problem with my Macbook Pro.

11. Reflect

Well the problem is I got a pretty ridiculous deal on the computer and I don't wanna give it up.

12. P1et

How ridiculous was the deal? As in pricing error good, or just a good deal and you're afraid if it cancels out, you'll miss out on it?

13. Reflect

Pretty good. I got a Desktop with the i7-920 processor, 512mb video card, 640gb hard drive, 6gb tri channel ram, wireless keyboard and mouse, good warranty for around 1100.

14. Cyclo

Cyclo Birth of a Detailer

Don't sweat the deal, with Dell. I too tried a custom build with them about 3 years ago, and had a few problems, then I decided to build my own.. I did too, 2 TB hard drives, 4 G ram, 2 video cards.. Sound blaster, TOP of the line AMD chip. over 1K for the chip alone. $500 case.2 dvd writers, water-cooled 30" monitor, maybe over 5K in it and I'll just never never put that kind of money into a piece of electronics that only lasts a few years, and was obsolete by the time I had it done.

Just buy wax and soap,if not that, then get soap and wax.

15. loudog2

loudog2 Two Bucket System Washer

I have a 3 month old computer from them, about $2000 spent. I've been having nothing but issues. I hate that tech support is in India. One guy completely crashed my system. After that it freezes, doesn't recognize the mouse/keyboard and other issues. They even shipped it without validating office. It recently blew the mother board. Just got it replaced. Still within 3 months. Now you can pay $175 a year to have a U.S support team help you for a year. Total BS. I'll never get another dell.

16. Cyclo

Cyclo Birth of a Detailer

I ever find out a company uses tech support in India or the Philippines, there OUT as far as I'm concerned. Totally off the list.

17. P1et

And that is exactly why I only buy the Latitude/Optiplex line. That's all I sold when I worked there. Comes with a standard 3-year next-business day onsite warranty. And all the tech support is in the US. You will never have to deal with India.

18. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

I can't stand spending money on computers because they depreciate by 10% every day!

19. DetailnDude

DetailnDude Birth of a Detailer

You don't even want to hear about what I am dealing with those dumbass Dell people. They are dinging my credit billing me for a computer they have that I returned through UPS....I get fire in my veins thinking about Dell... I sent them alll the UPS proof that I returned it and told them if they turned anything in to the credit report deal I need a written confirmation that they have corrected it.
    I'll NEVER Buy anything from Dell and I wouldn't recommend Dell to an enemy...
    Take Care and sorry I may have came off PO'd .

I love my new Gateway LX series !

20. DetailnDude

DetailnDude Birth of a Detailer

The customer service statement could not be better put ! forgot to mention.I also got repeated hang up phone calls for a week from an automated Dell system telling me I was late on a payment I do not owe. probably 5-10 calls a day....they said they were having a problem. There problem was calling my business phone to top it off...
    Since I faxed all the info to them a week ago I have not heard from anyone at Dell..:devil: